Gear Thread

Found this Rolex DSSD in an AD in Macau when I made a day trip there from Hong Kong last week.

I was in Hong Kong for biz and was supposed to go hiking on the last day of the trip. The wet weather made it not ideal for hiking so I decided to make a day trip to Macau via the new Hong Kong–Zhuhai–Macau Bridge. The mega bridge project took almost 10 years to complete.

40689668833_fe7c5f4ec3_k_d.jpg

how do you like them military boots?
I love mine, I have the tan Marine Corp steel toe desert “Rat” boots and the sage green Air Force boots, both are great boots, of the 2 I prefer the Marine Desert Rat boots, & bought 2 pairs of them on sale.
The best boots I found so far from Danner are the Hood Winter Light and the Super Rain Forest boots.

I got a pair of rain forests a couple years ago and they are amazing. Need some protection for the toes though, and those rats look like a good replacement for the ole vibergs

When I lived out west everybody wore Danner’s. I owned a couple pairs myself while living there. Here in Ohio we have Rocky boots. I’m not saying one is better than the other or even that they are comparable product. I am saying Rocky makes some good boots and they are worth a look.

557D0C60-1FD9-4626-97B9-E3F23ACE9E89.jpeg EDEE04F0-B513-45FA-AB4A-0DD15361B46A.jpeg
I got a pair of rain forests a couple years ago and they are amazing. Need some protection for the toes though, and those rats look like a good replacement for the ole vibergs

The other really good work boot I bought and enjoy wearing are the GritStone.
They have a composite toe safety toe so they don’t weigh as much as the USMC RAT boots, and have more ankle support.
I buy on the holidays like the Fathers Day Sale, or other sales where they reduce the prices 40% off normal prices.
I can vouch for the Rocky brand of boots as well.
I like Danner boots because I am a fan of “recrafting” or being able to rebuild/resole/repair my older broken in boots instead of landfilling them.

Back