Gear Thread

So I bought a pair of Kenetrek boots last week and I think I'm in love.
Out of the gate they fit like a glove and are super comfortable.
I'll be interested to see what I think about them in 6 months or so.
My feet have been an issue for years and I hope these help.

1fjsuBK.jpg

these pants are Patagonia Iron Forge hemp ones that I just got. Spent my weekend setting posts and framing up a new fence and did some trail work. They are the most comfortable work pants I've ever worn- really ergonomic cut and the cuffs are loose enough to move up and down without getting caught under my heel. Seem pretty friggin durable, and they are HEAVY. For hard work only, these are not good for hanging out in. Still better than Carhartts tho. They produce an all season version, which I also picked up, that are much lighter and more practical for lighter duty stuff. If you like heavy duty pants made from hemp in a more or less ethical fashion, but in a more practical cut for urban use, there's a cargo pocket version and a more traditional jean type

Just picked up a pair of lined Duluth fire hose pants and wore them all weekend. I’m digging them for cold weather.

Another good one is Prana Zion. They’re super comfy, stretchy and don’t get funky after a few day of wear if you’re camping. Probably my favorite hanging out, camping and hunting pant.

Last edited:
Word of warning: if you don't skip leg day, you might want to skip the Prana Zions.

Ordered a pair on sale online after readinga lot of opinions on how great they are. For the right waist size, the legs are tight.

Hmm, I guess ya have to try them to see if they will work for you. I have two pair and I didn’t have the leg issue. I’m not a skinny guy but I don’t work legs much anymore either. YMMV

Ugh. I loved my AA copper olight. Dropped it one day and it turned off never to produce light again.

Tried touching base with customer service and was told I'm S.O.L.

Back