Gearheads Unite: What do you drive or ride?

I figure there have to be plenty of car and bike enthusiasts around here. What kind of cars/bikes do you like/work on/drive/ride?

Here is my current car. 2004 Nissan 350Z (6-speed manual, enthusiast trim). I plan on picking up another 350Z down the road and will be picking up a R32 Skyline GT-R next year (either 1989 or 1990). Nissan is my favorite car company but I also like Euro cars as well. I used to drive a VW GTI 1.8T and then an Audi A4 1.8T Quattro afterwards. Since the Z is my daily driver and I've only owned her for 5 months or so I haven't put a lot of work into her yet. I'd like to make as close to 300hp at the rear wheels as possible. Don't want much more than that since I'll be constantly dumping money into the R32.

10247506_10152030540046160_3067154476895454602_n.jpg
10155578_10151998388966160_3590493188732936561_n.jpg
10352840_10152138922616160_2162080107919451326_n.jpg

I tried several different searches to see if this topic had been covered already but couldn't find anything so, if it has, my apologies!

In your searching you should have noticed that these types of threads belong in Gadgets & Gear and NOT Community. Moving to the right forum. Please READ the rules of the Community Forum before blond posting into it.

Ok, I did "READ" the rules when I made my first post a few days ago, I just made a small error and thought I recalled this sort of topic belonging in community center. I assure you, I can "READ." Mistakes happen. There was a "I apologize in advance" written in there. Next time I will "NOT" post in the wrong section. Your capitalized words and little off hand "blond posting" remark that treat me like an idiot are unnecessary.

Last edited:
You obviously did not read the rules. If you had you wouldn't have posted this thread in Community. It is a plain as day that gear threads belong in Gadgets & Gear. Apologizing in advance is no excuse. When in doubt where to post ask a Mod. And don't get uppity. I could have hit you with an infraction but chose not to because you're new here.

You obviously did not read the rules. If you had you wouldn't have posted this thread in Community. It is a plain as day that gear threads belong in Gadgets & Gear. Apologizing in advance is no excuse. When in doubt where to post ask a Mod. And don't get uppity. I could have hit you with an infraction but chose not to because you're new here.

Wow.

I drive a 2003 Mazda6. She's served me well but I'm looking for a change! Always wanted a bike but... The lady won't allow that, lol!

Ken. C- I read the rules when I first made my intro post in Community Center a few days ago. I mistakenly recalled that this post would belong there too and did not recheck the rules to confirm. I know where everything goes now. My bad.

Kniferbro- I'd like to get a bike too, preferably a GSXR600, but I'm in the same boat as you. I don't think the lady would care for that too much lol. She's cool with me messing with my cars so thats good enough right? Don't want to push the envelope too far, am I right?:p

Last edited:
I drive a diesel minivan. The fuel economy and versatility make it worth it for me. :D

I ride a 2013 R6 and a 2007 Shadow 600, that has been turned into a bobber. :)

Car is just a Volkswagen Jetta. Don't really ever planning on having a fast car
.. all about the motorcycles when it comes to speed. ;)

Last edited:
Well, I'll keep my post drama free....I hope I don't get an infraction for that! LMAO My current toys are a 2002 Shadow 1100, a 1990 Cherokee XJ, and a 1990 Mustang GT along with the family SUV 2006 Mountaineer and my old 2001 F-150 work truck. I'm a serious gear head, it might actually be a problem, previous rides include a 1993 Ranger Pre-runner, 1961 baja bug, 2002 GSX-R100, 2007 GSX-R750, 2006 SV650S, 2001 YZ426 motocrosser, 2007 YZ450 supermoto racer, and 2009 DR-Z400 supermoto.

I'm new (1st post!), but I DD a comfy 2000 4runner and have a slightly built '94 mustang as a toy for weekend abuse.

pics? Is it the 5.0? what have you done to it? Mine is in infancy right now but it's got headers, off roade H-pipe, straight pipes to flowmasters. Full BBK fender CAI, 75 mm MAF, throttle body, and intake wallered out to match lol. better ignition coil, FRPP wires/rotor/cap, BBK adjustable FPR and gauge, bbk subframe connectors. and the AM wheels.

Nice stang 4literranger!

All I'm running on my Z is intake, cat back, Nismo short shifter, and osiris programming. I also have a 5/16" plenum spacer, bc coilovers, stacked upper intake manifold, and single exit exhaust w/ test pipe that I haven't installed yet.

Waiting for a good weekend to drive over to Z1 motorsports to get retuned when I install the rest of my bolt ons.

Nice stang 4literranger!

All I'm running on my Z is intake, cat back, Nismo short shifter, and osiris programming. I also have a 5/16" plenum spacer, bc coilovers, stacked upper intake manifold, and single exit exhaust w/ test pipe that I haven't installed yet.

Waiting for a good weekend to drive over to Z1 motorsports to get retuned when I install the rest of my bolt ons.

I like that 350! I almost ended up with a Z but the wife talked me out of it, and of course we had a kid like a year later, no backseat would've been a bummer! I forgot to add the short shifter on my 5.0. That was one of the best bangs for the buck! I want to do the suspension next, it really needs lowered. Just need to find out if I want to keep it street oriented or go with the drag racing suspension. I'd love to pop a wheelie someday lol!

WE NEED PICS!!!! I love those caddy's, under heavy consideration as the family ride when we no longer need the SUV (car seats, strollers, etc. lol)

This ought to be good. And long. I don't have many pix handy, so I'll find some on the intertubes to represent what I have.

Car/truck:
2002 Camaro Z28 convertible 25th anniversary edition, daily driver. LS1 motor, 6 speed. Fun car, but it's hitting 75k miles and stuff is failing - lots of maintenance needs right now. Mine is this color, same wheels, but not chromed. (I'd REALLY like to own that Ford on the lift in the back!!!)

453_main_l.jpg

1963 Dodge Power Wagon, D200 Utiline (aka step side) with 318 V8, 4x4, and a factory PTO winch. It's a pretty rare truck -- production records show only 7,000ish trucks left with a V8 and 4x4, and that counts both swept-line and step-side trucks. Mine came to me free, and looks like it. Broken T-case, no brakes, Flintstone floors. It's a project. This illustration is close:

4277312558_0f10f6e4b8.jpg

Wife's car: Toyota RAV4. The V6 is the only thing that keeps me from crushing that turd. Nobody needs a pic of such a boring vehicle.

Motorcycles:

2003 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 -- daily driver, lightly farkeled for touring comfort. Nickname: The Chubby Girl... built for comfort, not for speed. This is actually me & my bike in Alaska.

p1805633297-3.jpg

2006 Kawasaki Ninja650R -- bought it lightly crashed as a project bike, but discovered I liked it and didn't want to chop it up. Rode the SH!T out of that bike -- track days, touring, etc. Needs a new home. I suck at selling bikes. Mine looks almost exactly like this, but with a GSXR upper fairing.

5QyUX.jpg

2008 KTM 690 Enduro -- one of my favorite dual-sport bikes ever. 40% more power than a DRz, and the same weight. Not for short people!

ktm__690_enduro__2008_1_lgw.jpg

2005 Aprilia SXV 550 -- Same HP as a Suzuki SV650, with the weight of a slightly porky MX bike. Massive brakes, outstanding suspension. Totally. Mental. You have to be focused 100% of the time on this bike. Nickname: Hanibal... wants to eat your liver with fava beans and a nice chianti. Photo displays the SXV in it's natural orientation, one wheel in the air.

Aprilia_SXV_550.jpg

2005 KTM 300 XCW Christini AWD. This is a *very* special bike. It was modified by Christini to drive the front wheel when the rear wheel spins. Hill climbing and slippery surfaces, it's like cheating. Not my photo, but nearly exactly like mine. Slightly different hand guards, different stickers.

Screen-shot-2012-06-13-at-10.09.49-PM.jpg

1969 Yamaha DT1 -- a copy of my first bike. It reminds me so much of my first bike, too... it never starts. Bought it with hopes to go on the California Melee vintage event. Not until it starts first kick!

Yamaha-DT1-1969-DT250-Rare-and-Original-Example.jpg

1983 Yamaha Vision 550 Touring -- this is a copy of my wife's first bike. Got a crazy deal on it, and it's surprisingly clean. Needs some lovin' to fix deferred maintenance. Brakes are shockingly weak. Idiot prior owner drilled holes in the now-unobtainable stock exhaust. Grr.

_xz550rk_01.jpg

Then, there's the project bikes.

My '99 Kawasaki ZRX 1100 has been in pieces for 10 years after I started on some "cosmetic refurbishing". First, the powder coater got all my money. Then,things really got out of hand, and now it has a 1200 motor, a completely hand-made aluminum under-tail which relocates the battery, WP shocks, and an entire front clip from an R1 -- better brakes, lighter rims, suspension with really good damping. Of course, I don't have pix, so I'll show a stock ZRX.

114214@Kawasaki-ZRX1200R.jpg

I got this 2003 Ducati ST3 for $700 because it had been badly burned in a garage fire, disassembled, and never reassembled. If you've never heard of the San Francisco tradition, The DirtBag Challenge, google it. $1000 to build a chopper, in 30 days from the "go date", no HDs. Those are ALL the rules. Pretty amazing stuff gets built, and everyone has a great time. So, I bought the Duc to participate in the DBC. Bad move, as one should always start with a running bike. I got all the chassis mods done, but couldn't make it run. The premise of the bike was to build a dirt-worthy Duc, and something I'd want to keep & daily drive after the challenge. This bike has 12" of suspension travel and the same linkage geometry as a CRF450 which was the suspension donor.

p1268259036-2.jpg

Here's a link to a gallery of pix from the DBC:

http://AlanZina.zenfolio.com/p859948066

Wow Roatace_Al. Looks like you've got quite the collection of vehicles! Some really cool bikes amongst them, no doubt.

I've had the same vehicles forever, so these pics are re-runs for most of the members. ;)
My aging fleet:

'04 F350 with the V10. It's a heckuva truck, but I wish it was red.
IMG_0145.jpg

'02 Honda S2000.
DSC_0736.jpg

TDchicksdig.jpg

'04 Suzuki Volusia. It's been out of commission this year, just waiting on a little time and money to get it to the shop. It has more miles than the convertible, and I don't baby it.
IMG_0471_zpsc94f57ef.jpg

Wife has a Lexus RX300, and I'm sure no one wants to see a picture of that. More boring than watching golf. :barf:

Back