Gearheads Unite: What do you drive or ride?

And a project, (old pic and not mine, it's changed a little) A 2005 CC "Vee Bike", it's almost up...
00f0f_d2iKe2x0FXr_600x450_zps4e0e5e89.jpg

I've been having waaaay too much fun with Paxat lately...[/SIZE][/FONT]

What is this thing exactly?

For some reason it reminds me of a SV650.

It's a kit-bike that was put out by Custom Chrome back in 2004-2005. They basically let John Reed (Uncle Bunt) go wild with their catalog and build the V-twin/sport crossover of his dreams.

Santee rubber-mounted frame, (more or less an FXR) Paioli 49mm reverse forks, Revtech 115 motor backed up by a Revtech 6spd trans. Marchesini rims, saddle and glass by Corbin. Custom exhaust by D&D. (yay Texas!)

By all reports, they're insanely fast and very stable due to the long wheelbase. CC stopped production of the kits after about 500 because they were taking it in the shorts on the costs. Fewer than that were actually built. As I understand it, this is one of only four on the west coast.

I foolishly purchased it right after my wife passed away last year, but I've been going through it and replacing/repairing some of the mickey mouse things I don't care for in the build. Like new Ohlins shocks in the rear. Top controls all swapped out for Joker Machine parts, new bar and risers. Fixing the front fairing (kid I bought it from says it fell over in the back of his truck, right. I personally feel it suffered a mild laydown, judging by some of the minor rash on the left controls, left peg, shift lever and derby cover. Fortunately, save for the front fairing, none of the rest of the glass or tank were damaged. Unfortunately, according to kid, he had the front fender off a a friends shop while they were tweaking the forks, the shop went toxic and suffered a meldown and the fender was never to be seen again, along with about half of his FXR that was there. So I'm trying to find a front fender, not easy.

Some of the wiring work was less than satisfactory, it's all been taken care of. New LiFe battery, new Joker switches, integrated rear tail light/turn signals mounted in a better fashion with a Joker plate frame, front turns mounted with a fabricated bracket instead of just pinched by the fairing mount, etc, etc, etc...

I've stalled because I'm having so much fun with the new car. My first in about 25 years.

But I'm going to get going on it again because I'm pretty sure it's going up for sale once it's done...

Last edited:
Just picked up a 2014 Audi S4 last weekend. It's supposed to be for my wife, but I've been driving it more than she has. My ride is 2012 Land Rover LR4 and our daughter drives a 2013 BMW 128.

Here is my old girl……'99 Subaru Impreza WRX. I have owned her from new.

IMG_0332_zps81b6b44c.jpg

Damn Steven, never pictured you driving something like that

I used to drive a 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD that made 361WHP and 342 WTQ and weighed a svelt 2674 lbs with me in it. Sure was a fun car. Nowadays I drive 2011 Jeep Wrangler. It's fun but a different kind of fun compared to my 11 sec Talon.

I used to drive a 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD that made 361WHP and 342 WTQ and weighed a svelt 2674 lbs with me in it. Sure was a fun car. Nowadays I drive 2011 Jeep Wrangler. It's fun but a different kind of fun compared to my 11 sec Talon.
Any pics? I have a soft spot for DSMs.

1st gen I assume? I passed up a mint Talon TSI AWD auto. Still kicking myself
Yep, it was a 1st gen with flip up headlights. I passed on a mint 91 TSi with 60k original miles for $2700 as well. Just didn't have the cash at the time. I will never find a deal like that again.

Damn Steven, never pictured you driving something like that

Well I was in my 30's when I got her and I was a huge WRC fan. Colin McRae was my hero.
She is now very heavily modified and I only use her weekends and club runs. At the moment she is in the shop getting some new bits on her.

For the DSM fans, this is my best friends 93 3000GT VR-4

uploadfromtaptalk1407434049037.jpg

He used to have a TSI also, will see if I can find a photo.

I'm not a gearhead, can't afford it. I had a beautiful '88 notch Mustang with a 331 stroker and a bunch of other goodies, but I got tired of not having a/c in FL and fighting a dual friction clutch in stop and go traffic and I sold it a few years back. Bounced around for a while, had a '94 Super Coupe Thunderbird that was neat and I loved the whine but talk about a pain to work on. The intercooler piping filled every inch of the engine bay! Finally settled on an '04 Dodge Ram 1500. More because it was convenient. Belonged to a buddy of mine who bought it new. I always admired it and I missed having a rumbly v8 so now it's mine. He also gave me the family discount! It may not be fast as cars go, but for a full size, gas truck it's damn quick. It's got a "Hemi", of course.

It's got a few basic goodies too:
-Flowmaster exhaust (a little loud and I prefer Hookers, but it sounds good)
-Airaid cold air intake (loudest/strangest intake I've owned. I've had people ask me if it's turboed because of how it sounds)
-Hypertech chip/programmer
-Pioneer head unit and 2 10's and a big amp in a box behind the seat. (It blasts!)

Currently saving for a tonneau cover and a trip to Plastidip where I will have all the chrome blacked out. I can't abide chrome.

Bigfatts- I believe you're what one might call, a gear head. Would love to see your old 88 if you can find a photo!

Back