Gearheads Unite: What do you drive or ride?

Bigfatts- I believe you're what one might call, a gear head. Would love to see your old 88 if you can find a photo!

Well, maybe I'm a gearhead in recovery. That coupe was the love of my automotive life. I got compliments almost everywhere I went. Unfortunately, maintaining a 20-something year old performance car as a daily driver got to be too much. I still miss her, until I roll the windows up in the truck, turn on the A/C and put it in D. :D

Here she is:

Well, maybe I'm a gearhead in recovery. That coupe was the love of my automotive life. I got compliments almost everywhere I went. Unfortunately, maintaining a 20-something year old performance car as a daily driver got to be too much. I still miss her, until I roll the windows up in the truck, turn on the A/C and put it in D. :D

Here she is:
I love notch backs. A guy that I used to run around with has a low 10 second, twin turboed, manual valve body with a trans-brake beast of a notch.

I love notch backs. A guy that I used to run around with has a low 10 second, twin turboed, manual valve body with a trans-brake beast of a notch.

Nice. At the same time I had the LX I also had a '79 Capri. I sold it to a guy who wanted it to build with his son. He was just putting the finishing touches on a '79 notch with a built 408 Stroker. That joker was straight up nasty. I don't remember what he ran but it was low. Low-mid 10's maybe? He hadn't put it on the dyno yet. Don't see quite as many Fox Bodies since the whole cash for clunkers thing. Shame.

Nice. At the same time I had the LX I also had a '79 Capri. I sold it to a guy who wanted it to build with his son. He was just putting the finishing touches on a '79 notch with a built 408 Stroker. That joker was straight up nasty. I don't remember what he ran but it was low. Low-mid 10's maybe? He hadn't put it on the dyno yet. Don't see quite as many Fox Bodies since the whole cash for clunkers thing. Shame.
There are a good handful down here, but the nice clean ones stay hidden. Old boss of mine has 2 mint saleens, if I remember they are an 89 and 91, but don't quote me on that.

One of these will probably be my next vehicle. All hail the mighty multi-purpose vehicle. The get-shit-done utility of these kinds of vehicles is sure to drive the ladies crazy. :D

- 30 + MPG
- 8+ seats (the back rows can be completely removed to fit a ton of stuff)
- Will tow a fairly heavy trailer for when you need to move even more stuff
- Can be parked anywhere you would park one of those sedans the cool kids have

citroen-jumpy-combi-dimensiones.jpg

I ride a 2013 softail slim and a 07 sportster nightster. I live in Wisconsin so the riding season is kind of short. People usually put their bikes away for winter in mid or early November
And get them back out mid March.. Its still cold here in March and November but thankfully there are heated vests and gloves. During the winter down time we work on the bikes and
some of guys do some ice racing after everything freezes over for the winter.

Back