• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

GEC 14, 12, 97

Pàdruig

Reap What You Sow
Platinum Member
Good day, BladeForums.

I have a number of nice, unused GECs up for grabs. This is from the recent run of 14s, 97s, and 12s.

The prices includes knife and USPS Priority shipping w/Insurance. What you see is what you pay. PayPal (via Goods & Services only).

Though I reserve the right to sell to whom I wish, the typical unwritten rules apply: First to say "I'll take it" either here in this thread or via PM, gets it.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions, thoughts, and/or concerns, I will be happy to address them.

First up:
  • GEC 141218
  • Northfield trim
  • 2 Blades (Clip main, pen secondary)
  • Antique Yellow Jigged Bone covers
  • UN-X-LD Shield
  • Price: $115 $100 (OBRO)
Condition:
Knife is new and comes with tube and original wax paper. It has not been carried, used, or sharpened but has been fondled a bit for inspection and pictures. The main blade has a terrific pull and snap, very crisp. The secondary, though not weak, is a bit "squishier". I have not flushed it but I suspect it would benefit from having it done. Both blades are centered and the F&F is quite nice, no flaws that are apparent to me.

DLGtWQQ.jpg

dbQf5sS.jpg

I1wTl3u.jpg

Second One:

• GEC 128119
    • Tidioute trim
    • Blade (Muskrat clip)
    • Che Chen Rosewood covers
    • Serpentine Shield
    • Satin finish
    • Price: $80
Condition:
Knife is new and comes with tube and original wax paper. It has not been carried, used, or sharpened but has been fondled a bit for inspection and pictures. The blade has a terrific pull and action, very smooth and snappy, easily the best action out of all of the 12s that I have acquired so far. The bolsters have some swirls/scuffs which is a symptom of the satin finish. You can practically look at it and it will get marked, the main reason I am letting this one go.

eeC18SH.jpg

WJSmBfG.jpg

0aSNj2E.jpg

Third one:
  • GEC 976119
  • Northfieldtrim
  • 1 Blade (Large clip with saber grind)
  • Ebony covers
  • Cloud (keyhole) Shield
  • Price: $100 SOLD
Condition:
Knife is new and comes with tube and original wax paper. It has not been carried, used, or sharpened but has been fondled a bit for inspection and pictures. The blade, arguably on the light side, still has a terrific action, very smooth and satisfying (in my opinion of course). The Ebony is very dark but you can see some color in sunlight. This is a very nice knife, easily one of the nicest I have seen GEC produce. I just can't find a use for it.

UwbB2Ix.jpg

MJ0EGtw.jpg

Senvyhq.jpg

Last edited:
Can it be pinched open on the main blade?

In its current state, I would say no, at least I am not able to pinch it open. It is possible that it might be able to be pinched with some patina on the main blade. I've experienced this on my 2 blade 77 but that is a much larger knife.

In its current state, I would say no, at least I am not able to pinch it open. It is possible that it might be able to be pinched with some patina on the main blade. I've experienced this on my 2 blade 77 but that is a much larger knife.
Thank you. Need a pinchable, probably have to get a single blade. GLWS. Beautiful knife.

Thank you. Need a pinchable, probably have to get a single blade. GLWS. Beautiful knife.

Thank you, my friend. If it helps any for your search, the single blade 14 that I have from the recent run is indeed pinchable for me without any patina.

Back