GEC 25s - Gots 'em?

tuxpi.com.1503289235_F.jpg

People love the size. But, mostly it is the good looks.

I'm curious if the #25 pattern has any corresponding historical pattern that it is based on or did GEC just recently invent the pattern?

I've often wondered about this myself. Anybody know?

Many THANKS to @NJBillK for making this available to me . Much appreciated Bill.

This stubby little knife also goes well in color with the 77 Barlows as Dee showed yesterday in another thread or 2 .

This is just a beautiful little knife .
Thank you Bill
Harry

Gotta love that Red Saw Cut!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I couldn't be more pleased with my three 25 Northfield Barlows. :D

36765391255_0ed067dfae_b.jpg

36368622640_5af46a1dc8_b.jpg

Fine Polished Stag there Rat:thumbsup:

I'd like to get an example myself.

Regards, Will

Thanks, Will. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the polished stag turned out. Upon arrival, it immediately replaced the red saw cut in my front pocket!

Paul, that's a beautiful "old" (;)) #25 you picked up!

I've been pleasantly surprised with the #25's capabilities, and have never hesitated to carry one as my only knife on any given day. This Ebony #25 is the only knife I brought with me on our trip to the UK this week.

M6qvqYh.jpg

As you mentioned, @Thin-Slice, it does come up a bit short (literally) for slicing fruits and vegetables, but I don't use my pocket knives for that purpose too often (though I have made a #25 work as an apple slicer in a pinch).

My favorite thing about this pattern is that, although it is small, it doesn't feel particularly small compared to other similarly sized patterns. I'd take a #25 over a #14 any day.

Great ebony! I really wished I'd gotten one of the ebony #25s on the previous run, they seemed to sit at dealer's then disappeared in a hurry.

I think it's the stout proportions. I got a 14 and it just felt too thin in my hand to be as comfortable using as the 25s.

It is a great little knife that's easy to use, plus it looks good.

Many THANKS to @NJBillK for making this available to me . Much appreciated Bill.

This stubby little knife also goes well in color with the 77 Barlows as Dee showed yesterday in another thread or 2 .

This is just a beautiful little knife .
Thank you Bill
Harry

Awesome sawcut set!

do not understand you answer
could you be clearer and not talk in slang
thank you

The short answer, he was letting you know in a friendly way that the knife you are looking for sold out a short time ago. He was also letting you know collectorknives website may have some "seconds" posted. Seconds are products that are discounted due to minor imperfections that do not effect function.

I fully agree with what's been stated above. This 25 pattern is simply AMAZING!

This is a shockingly amazingly fantastically ergonomically perfect little knife! I only have the Northwoods version Lil Bay, I prefer their styling and handle materials, and mostly that clip point blade. But all these 25 iterations are great!

This little knife can hold its own, and feels like a little tank (in the traditional world) or be paired with a larger knife for a edc combo. This knife is obviously one of the most easily carried traditional folder out there that is so functional and beautiful. Amazing job by GEC!

BRAVO

I kind of miss my two bladed 25, but without the secondary blade. I would have liked to pick one now with only spear blade but could not.. I think I will hunt one down when I can afford it. :)

I fully agree with what's been stated above. This 25 pattern is simply AMAZING!

This is a shockingly amazingly fantastically ergonomically perfect little knife! I only have the Northwoods version Lil Bay, I prefer their styling and handle materials, and mostly that clip point blade. But all these 25 iterations are great!

This little knife can hold its own, and feels like a little tank (in the traditional world) or be paired with a larger knife for a edc combo. This knife is obviously one of the most easily carried traditional folder out there that is so functional and beautiful. Amazing job by GEC!

BRAVO

Let's all give a hand to my new favorite post. :cool:

~ P.

Back