GEC 25s - Gots 'em?

Since my post I've gotten a dangerous idea. What if I took my drop point cocobolo with the eo notch and had it recovered without the notch?
I can't remember. Was that eo notch added or did it come with it from the factory?

I agree, it was a bit of a mental exercise. If someone in the know can explain the purpose of the eo notch I'm listening.
View attachment 810399
Does the notch line up with the nail nick? If it does, I would think the purpose is the give better access to the nick.

I had a knife once where the nick was too close to the liner. It was impossible to get good leverage and was a bear to open.

joeradza joeradza EO = Easy Open. For those with not as strong fingers or nails, the EO notch helps opening.

I miss EO notches from GEC. I like them - especially - on the #25 frame.

My response was totally sarcastic. The nail nick is barely accessible and if not for my steel nails the knife could not be opened. The notch is forward of the nick and because of how low the blade sits I doubt it could be opened using pliers.

I agree, it was a bit of a mental exercise. If someone in the know can explain the purpose of the eo notch I'm listening.
View attachment 810399
I think it looks great even if it isn’t very functional. Also, it is kind of cool because GEC probably will never make another like it. Even if they do make more drop-point 25’s they most likely would not have the eo notch since they most likely know it doesn’t make sense with this blade.

Sarcasm was/is/ a hard read for me, but I should’ve known that you knew what is an EO notch.

KIMG0376_zpswfodhmta.jpg

KIMG0377_zpsfj2kdwbo.jpg

Travman I'd think it is, my Crown Lifter has all steel liners yet it has brass pins. Might just be with some runs they run short of certain pins and...? On the other hand, the brass looks nice on my Crown Lifter as it goes well with the colour of the bone. Your Stag benefits from steel pins in my view as brass often bleeds green verdigris into Stag giving it a nasty and sticky hue. My CASE/Bose Norfolk is all stainless but the centre pins are certainly brass, why??o_Oo_O Who knows though?

Thanks, Will

I am slowly completely some of the runs of these lovely little things. Thanks to @pmew I now have a completed Tidioute #252212EC. From L to R: Smooth Black Buffalo Horn, Black Micarta, Kryptonite Acrylic, Dead Skunk Acrylic, Autumn Oak Jig Bone. For this evening, I am going to carry the black micarta.

hhcpGMK.jpg

I am slowly completely some of the runs of these lovely little things. Thanks to @pmew I now have a completed Tidioute #252212EC. From L to R: Smooth Black Buffalo Horn, Black Micarta, Kryptonite Acrylic, Dead Skunk Acrylic, Autumn Oak Jig Bone. For this evening, I am going to carry the black micarta.

hhcpGMK.jpg

I'm enjoying following along on your #25 pattern quest. It would be amazing to have a compete set, but that is darn near impossible. What % of all variants have you been able to collect so far?

Back