GEC 25s - Gots 'em?

Very nice selection. What version is the very top and middle Northfield version with the clip point?

Also, I’m curious about the one with the Tidioute shield and what looks to be a striped wood two-blade over to the right side, which version is that one?

Last edited:
Very nice selection. What version is the very top and middle Northfield version with the clip point?

Also, I’m curious about the one with the Tidioute shield and what looks to be a striped wood two-blade over to the right side, which version is that one?

Top is interior mammoth ivory other is tiger maple burl.

I hope they do another run soon

It would be good for them to make some more available at some point. It would be nice to be able to try one out before buying, but the numbers produced seem very small. When will they increase production? It would be great to have them step into the void left in mid level cutlery by the loss of Queen, a small single blade would seem to be a good choice to introduce new customers to GEC.

Beautiful jigging and color. I love the permanent etch. It is never going to rub off.

I notice that the cloud shield is different from what I'm used to seeing over the past few years. The shield on your knife is not as rounded and puffy as the cloud shield on current Northfield versions. Did the shield evolve over time?

I never examined the shield that closely and I don't think I have another cloud . It was run with Barry's 2015 sfo . Two red and 7 pioneer ( I think)

I never examined the shield that closely and I don't think I have another cloud . It was run with Barry's 2015 sfo . Two red and 7 pioneer ( I think)
I was seeing things. I thought that ends were a little longer too. I just compared it to the cloud shield knives in my house and there were no differences.

Wow! One of two with jigged bone. You weren't kidding about it being rare.

Last edited:
I know you don’t like cloud shields, so I would be happy to help you out by taking it off your hands.

Sawcut Saturday.

OmiCMVD.jpg

Missing the pioneer. I was there in time, seems silly that I didn't pick it up since you put it that way . I do remember thinking I was spending a lot of money . Can't remember if they ran regular production then but I think they did .Gotta draw the line somewhere IMG_4165.jpg
Nice. Do you have the rest of them from the SFO to complete the set?

Last edited:
Back