GEC #35 Churchill Thread

I don't have good lighting here right now but I wanted to get a group pic real quick anyway. My final Churchill arrived earlier today. I decided to make my last one another Rust Red because I'm carrying the Rust Red on top in the pic and it's my favorite of the entire run. Thought it would be good to have a backup.

My pic could be much better but here they are. I think I'm done buying these but I wouldn't swear by it.

View attachment 798753

Luckily, I got one of the Rust Red AAPK #35s. I can’t help repeating how nice it is. The deep rich red color of the bone is the best I have ever seen. Until now, I thought the best red bone handles were in the case knives from the 1970s. Not now. the Rust Red 35s have taken the crown.
Alas, they are all gone. No more. The AAPK guys were doubling up on their orders.

My clawed bone has been in pocket every day since the mail lady dropped it off.
I loved this knife from the moment I handled it, but I still seem to like it more every time I use it. That thin Wharncliffe is as good as any utility blade I've ever used; cuts leather like no ones business and is a pleasure to whittle with.

My clawed bone has been in pocket every day since the mail lady dropped it off.
I loved this knife from the moment I handled it, but I still seem to like it more every time I use it. That thin Wharncliffe is as good as any utility blade I've ever used; cuts leather like no ones business and is a pleasure to whittle with.

Please check your Private Message Inbox.

38500269191_0f6f08f816_b.jpg

I've got the hummingbird acrylic, which looks really nice. I use it to cut fruit and other food, so its getting a good patina already. The size is just right and the equal end makes for a slim fit in the pocket. Its just a great knife!

Another vote for knife #1. The stag on that one already has a nice aged look to it. I'm a sucker for deep grooves also.

I’ll go against the grain and take #2. Both are beautiful! Also curious to see the pile sides and thickness of each.

Back