GEC #35 Churchill Thread

Long pull on Churchill Tidioutes? Cool. :thumbsup::cool:

Well, that was my assumption. We've only seen one drawing, and Mike's description on the early reserve page only delineated differences in the bolsters, so I took that to mean both trims would have long pulls. But that might not be correct.

Been a little bit since GEC has produced some picture updates, I keep checking back, thinking that perhaps some Churchill progress pics will have been posted...

None of the covers using the Northfield trim interest me so I am in for one with Ebony covers, I am hoping for a nice dark ebony, similar to what I have on this 15.

cv1Kq26.jpg

Been a little bit since GEC has produced some picture updates, I keep checking back, thinking that perhaps some Churchill progress pics will have been posted...

None of the covers using the Northfield trim interest me so I am in for one with Ebony covers, I am hoping for a nice dark ebony, similar to what I have on this 15.

cv1Kq26.jpg

You and I are probably stressing their servers with refreshing, lol. The Churchill is one of my most looked forward to knives this year, and I'm in a serious update drought!

I'm a recent micarta appreciator. I may go for the red/maroon.

I'm a recent micarta appreciator. I may go for the red/maroon.

I like micarta, too, especially on the bullnose. I just realized I'm getting impatient. The Churchill is what I want in a pen knife, but my (intentionally small) collection is lacking a wood covered knife at the moment. I almost accepted the idea that an ebony 98 is what I need immediately...

Reactions: HST
I too wonder why there's no updates on this configuration.

The GEC #35 is an exceptional pattern. I am still at a loss as to which 'one' want. First world problems...

In the what's happening section..."Starting to mill and size bone slabs for #35 Northfield Churchill, Smooth Yellow Rose"

Getting closer !

I'm digging the etchlessness. I'm not a big fan of the Tidioute etch.

I agree. It is super clean, definitely going to be a knife that I won't hesitate to put to work. Any knife that comes with an etch I tend to be a bit cautious when I use it the first few times, it almost feels like I have to somehow preserve the etch if I can, though inevitably, it is bound to fade or disappear altogether.

Anybody else get one of these emails? I'm almost tempted to try the Smooth Green Banana bone, but I think Texas pride is going to make me keep my Yellow Rose reservation.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170921-131506.png
    Screenshot_20170921-131506.png
    106.6 KB · Views: 63
Anybody else get one of these emails? I'm almost tempted to try the Smooth Green Banana bone, but I think Texas pride is going to make me keep my Yellow Rose reservation.

I did, was looking for an older model for reference, couldn't find one. Anyone know of an older model with this cover? I googled GEC green banana bone and got nothing but banana and rotten banana bone.

I did, was looking for an older model for reference, couldn't find one. Anyone know of an older model with this cover? I googled GEC green banana bone and got nothing but banana and rotten banana bone.

This may help. I believe them that there's a difference in color, I just don't see much. I think the main question is whether you like rose rose or not.

H2mqfA4.gif

Photo credit: Great Eastern Cutlery
nOa5S6m.jpg

Photo Credit: Collector Knives

Last edited:
Back