GEC #35 Churchill Thread

That is a fantastic Churchill quote, Jake. I had never heard that before.

I think this knife looks awesome. It's so clean, and the clip looks right at home on the 35. I'm going to do my level best to not buy a bunch of these and am planning on waiting for the stag, but I'm wondering if the ebony isn't going to wind up being the best of the run.

There she is!

Thanks, @rdave, for finding the picture on Facebook.

zqrGSy2.jpg
Am I the only one like likes this but cringes at the brass ebony and silver o_O. I like this pattern but brass is such an eyesore.

Why can't I at least get all nickel steel???????

Am I the only one like likes this but cringes at the brass ebony and silver o_O. I like this pattern but brass is such an eyesore.

I actually had a similar thought. This would have been absolutely terrific if it had been all steel construction and that is coming from a guy who actually doesn't mind brass. My 15 that is in ebony and is all steel is an absolute treat as a user and I think this Churchill would have lent itself to the same.

However, if it keeps the cost down somewhat, I am not going to complain overly much. :D

Man, those sure do look nice!

I'm a big fan of the Stockman pattern because of the short Sheepsfoot blade but almost all of them pivot on the same end as the main blade making the Sheepsfoot somewhat awkward to open right handed. I'm totally used to that as I've been doing it for decades but this Sheepsfoot blade will open just like the Clip blade does with the knife flipped around.

I hope that made sense.o_O

I like brass. I actually wish they'd make another run with brass bolsters!

What bothers me is that they chose not to center the shield. With blades that open from each end and a slim hotdog shield, I feel like it would've looked better.

What bothers me is that they chose not to center the shield. With blades that open from each end and a slim hotdog shield, I feel like it would've looked better.

Interesting that you mention that. I just looked at my 2016 #35 and its bar shield is centered, I wonder why they didn't do that with these Churchills.

This may help. I believe them that there's a different in color, I just don't see much. I think the main question is whether you like rose rose or not.

Photo credit: Great Eastern Cutlery

Photo Credit: Collector Knives

Thanks, I already have an order in for one and I have one other yellow rose which is growing on me, thanks for the pics/post

I too like brass and really am liking these knives, my one complaint is real nit picky, but, I wish that they used a different shield. These would look fantastic with either a federal or houndstooth shield IMHO. Still think that they are beauts, but, not a fan of the hot dog.

I'm so blarg about the covers or the cover with trims. Obviously, GEC went big with the #78. So far I like the ebony, but still very undecided.

That is a fantastic Churchill quote, Jake. I had never heard that before.

I think this knife looks awesome. It's so clean, and the clip looks right at home on the 35. I'm going to do my level best to not buy a bunch of these and am planning on waiting for the stag, but I'm wondering if the ebony isn't going to wind up being the best of the run.

Dagnabbit! Ship those Churchills! I got my war chest primed and I need my fix of bright shiny knives.

Thanks Ron. I still need to dress up the swedges a bit, but my back was hurting pretty bad so that can wait for another day.

I understand that Bob(chronic nerve pain in my back), but that's gotta be in my top three blade mods, and I forget what one is. Gotta call dibs if that ever gets cut loose:D (as if). Just a wonderful job on an already close to perfection knaf.:thumbsup:
Thanks, Neal

That is an excellent job on the 35 HJ. I had to take a double take. At first I thought Photoshop and then I realized that it was actually some great craftsmanship!!!!!

Back