GEC #35 Churchill Thread

Since I´ve finaly figured out how to post pictures, I am going to show you Churchill meeting his european relative from days long gone. Flea market score, manifactured by Knivbolaget Eskilstuna Sweden (the company survived to present day as Eskilstuna Kniffabriks Aktiebolag, commonly known as EKA knives). Based on the stamping the knife was made sometime between 1925 and 1944 according to Blade's Guide to Knives & Their Values. Originaly it had been similar to Case Eisenhower knife, but the main blade was snapped off and reground to sheepsfoot. On the third picture you can see how much of the main blade is missing. I love how the greenish patina on the brass liners shows through thin smooth bone covers.

IMG-8786.jpg

IMG-8787.jpg

IMG-8791.jpg

And a group photo of my sinlge spring opposite end jack knives.

IMG-8793.jpg

Last edited:
Still a few cougar claw and micarta on the shelves. My wife just gifted me this one for our anniversary. Pulls were little gritty but flushed out just fine. Nice and snappy from both ends. F&F is perfect. Very nice in the pocket. I will have to put it to work to give the rest of my opinion however I can see right now that this is a winner.
HHEzV2s.jpg
L0wZ3JK.jpg
BLVqNil.jpg

Cougar Clawed looks excellent, bit like Queen Winterbottom, and it ages nicely.

No bad handle on this run though, all very suitable:cool:

Back