GEC #35 Churchill Thread

0Hdu7oM.jpg

Good to see a revival of this thread, that's a 'comely' looking Cougar Claw there Jiki Jiki I like those scales ,very grippy and suits the frame.:thumbsup:

I'm still looking forward to GEC bringing out a Spear/Sheepfoot variant or what I'd really love to see on an EE frame would be Spear/Small Pruner (think SAK) A Pruner blade is the thing for opening up clamshell or other 'dangerous' slippy plastics, plus it looks cool:cool:

Thanks, Will

The fact that they ground the sheepsfoot so thin makes it great for carving. I love that, combined with a full duty clip on a 3¾ inch frame it is a one knife option if needed. I want a cattle knife on this frame it would be excellent.

Thanks Jiki for reviving this thread.

I'm just discovering GEC and had an opportunity to grab a 35 Cougar Claw. After reading all the love...well.....I'll have it next week!
And I think you will like it. If you don’t, shoot me a PM (winking emoji).

That is nice to hear. I too am enjoing the slim calf roper #668214, much more than I expected, actually. But it is easy to see the parallels with Churchil. It just comes in smaller, more slick package and with that gabon ebony looks quite classy. Feels so pacifying in hand. ;-)

IMG-20190619-175403.jpg

IMG-20190619-175435.jpg

I would like to see another run of these, with an acorn shield, desert ironwood, the full-size clip blade and a coping secondary.

That is nice to hear. I too am enjoing the slim calf roper #668214, much more than I expected, actually. But it is easy to see the parallels with Churchil. It just comes in smaller, more slick package and with that gabon ebony looks quite classy. Feels so pacifying in hand. ;-)

IMG-20190619-175403.jpg

IMG-20190619-175435.jpg
I just received my first #35. I prefer the calf roper slim, if you want to trade.

It's nice to see this thread on the first page. The Churchill is still a favorite of mine, though I haven't carried it in awhile. My biggest regret is that I did not get one in Stag when they were available. My tastes have evolved since then and I've become quite the fan of Stag, though my enthusiasm for good Ebony has certainly not diminished.

pXAmUBU.jpg

traumkommode traumkommode : I agree that standard clip point main and something more pointy/utility shaped (wharnclif, sheepsfoot, coping...) as secondary would make it even better - but that would basicaly make it churchill on a #66 frame. Snakewood or desert ironwood anytime.

LastRodeo LastRodeo : Thank you for your offer, but I allready own #35. ...Unless you have one in gabon ebony... that might make me consider...

Pàdruig Pàdruig : My biggest regret is that I didn`t have an opportunity to pick one in ebony and had to choose between maroon micarta and cougar claw.

I don't often choose a "favorite" of things anymore, as I prefer a list of "top picks". But this Ebony Churchill is probably an all-around favorite carry knife, especially since the "I set it on the roof of my truck one night while pumping gas after opening a fuel additive, forgot about it, drove away, and it rode with me until almost the end of the trip, where I heard a calamity and, upon returning home realized the sound was my knife falling off in the road somewhere" episode. Was very fortunate to find it, wet and tumbled on the asphalt, after all but giving up at ~11pm on a rainy Saturday night.

48097918043_ef8b9f23b2_b.jpg

Back