GEC #35 Churchill Thread

The #35 has overtaken the #66 as my favorite GEC carry and user. My first was an ebony user I scored in the sale section a few months back and I sold it right away to recoup some funds for a #77 I overpaid for. Ended up selling the #77 and then tried a maroon linen #35 but it didn't have the same appeal to me as the ebony so I went out searching for the ebony HJ to try. It's my top GEC ever for sure but I still wanted an ebony Churchill again. Well a wonderful member offered me one up as a partial trade for a knife I was selling and I'm very happy to have one back in my rotation. These 2 are permanent residents for me. Such a great frame and pattern for edc!
20190624_122008.jpg

The #35 has overtaken the #66 as my favorite GEC carry and user. My first was an ebony user I scored in the sale section a few months back and I sold it right away to recoup some funds for a #77 I overpaid for. Ended up selling the #77 and then tried a maroon linen #35 but it didn't have the same appeal to me as the ebony so I went out searching for the ebony HJ to try. It's my top GEC ever for sure but I still wanted an ebony Churchill again. Well a wonderful member offered me one up as a partial trade for a knife I was selling and I'm very happy to have one back in my rotation. These 2 are permanent residents for me. Such a great frame and pattern for edc!
View attachment 1150422

We're very similar in this regard. The 35 and 66 represent my two favorites GEC patterns. I also have the CC SFO 35 HJ in ebony and always have my eye out for an ebony 35 Churchill!

Congrats on those two beauties :D

Apologies if this pic is already in this thread somewhere...

q5oEZMZ.jpg

And a very good shot of the workmanship demanded by these single-spring knives, fine Stag too GE Jr GE Jr :cool:

My Cougar has run off :eek: Can't seem to locate it anywhere, but at least it's not a small knife:) That said, I suspect it's a sign of having too many bags and filling them up with knives;) Nevertheless, some power thoughts please from you all and I think the knife will turn up:thumbsup:

And a very good shot of the workmanship demanded by these single-spring knives, fine Stag too GE Jr GE Jr :cool:

My Cougar has run off :eek: Can't seem to locate it anywhere, but at least it's not a small knife:) That said, I suspect it's a sign of having too many bags and filling them up with knives;) Nevertheless, some power thoughts please from you all and I think the knife will turn up:thumbsup:
Hope it shows up soon, Will!

You'll find it, Will. I just know it.

I hope it shows up Will, yours was one of the knives (or the one? I don't remember) that convinced me to buy a Cougar Claw 35.

Round file and patience. Took a while, although there are two sets of bolsters on this knife. I liked it yesterday when I was done, but absolutely smitten today.
It looks like it was done at the factory. You must have a steady hand to do such good work.

It looks like it was done at the factory. You must have a steady hand to do such good work.

Thanks, Trav! Used a couple tricks to help myself get the groove started (masking tape, grinding carefully in one direction) until enough was cut out so that it would guide itself. But I do have steady hands ;)

I'll give my Churchill more of a chance once the weather is less sweatfull. The narrow and broad is a good combination, as well as the straight and curved.

Back