GEC 38 English Whittler 2021

Yes, sir.
SRfaC6N.jpg
Dadgum we have had a great year from GEC.

20210423_191503~2.jpgColor on mine will probably need some additional dye, but the fit and finish are an excellent example of why GEC pocketknives have become so desireable -- like custom-level. I also really like the combination of the polished bolsters with the as-ground finish on the blades. Home run for GEC on these whittlers!

View attachment 1551866Color on mine will probably need some additional dye, but the fit and finish are an excellent example of why GEC pocketknives have become so desireable -- like custom-level. I also really like the combination of the polished bolsters with the as-ground finish on the blades. Home run for GEC on these whittlers!

Wow I like that! Talk about one of a kind haha

I am very happy with this one. It has a strong pull on the main blade. There is a nice satisfying snap as the main blade opens and closes. The secondaries do not have the same heavy pull as the main blade, but they aren’t weak either. Overall, I’d rate the action on all the blades as perfect. No gaps in the liners. Completely flush backsprings in the open and closed positions. Smooth transitions from the handles to the bolsters at all eight corners. The shield is well mounted and flush. The Rattail bolsters look great and will look even better with age.
SYoB4Rw.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone shed light on the dying process? Is cow bone dyed and dried/baked and do they layer colors? Curios about it with the variety of color coming out of this run of 38s.

Anyone shed light on the dying process? Is cow bone dyed and dried/baked and do they layer colors? Curios about it with the variety of color coming out of this run of 38s.
My understanding is that it is a top secret process at GEC, and that there are employees that don't even know.

This came in yesterday and I'm very pleased to get one of the darker red colored bone on this one. I think GEC used some of the leftover bone from the OKCA knives for some of the Northfield 38's and then used another batch for the rest which are the lighter ones.

AL4QaIZ.jpg
You’re probably right because yours looks way different than mine, glad you like the more red one, I like the more orange one. Something for everyone!
;):thumbsup:
A1C96E77-9CCF-44CB-A707-718DCE82383C.jpeg

I didn’t think I was going to get one of these. I was on standby with collector knives and did not get a notification. But lo and behold Mike got a few of the S labeled knives. So I will get to try one out after all. I don’t know if I’ll like it but I’m glad to get a chance to try. I’ve never had a 38 in any variation.

Back