GEC #56 Dogleg Jack Spear

I like this pattern so much I bought 2 more.
Hv1DinG.jpg

The #56 arrived yesterday and to be honest I was a bit disappointed with it at first but it is growing on me, I realise I prefer a knife especially a soft pull knife with no half stop and this just suits me fine it gives me a good three finger grip, I am not so keen on the secondary blade and here is the only gripe, I should of got the single blade version, but that aside the #56 is just about ideal for my needs, I still always have my trusty Peanut in my watch pocket and ok you could say the small pen blade on the #56 would fill its place, but I carry the #56 in my indoor fleece and do not always remember to transfer whichever of my larger EDCs I happen to be carrying when I go out.
z9YVEb8l.jpg
fuFRkd7l.jpg

Received this Appaloosa over the weekend. It is darker motif overall but has a lot of character that's difficult to capture in photo. I think this may be the only GEC knife that I have with the "Federal" shield...I sure do like how that have been spreading around the shield variety lately.

nJXflRZ.jpg

Received this Appaloosa over the weekend. It is darker motif overall but has a lot of character that's difficult to capture in photo. I think this may be the only GEC knife that I have with the "Federal" shield...I sure do like how that have been spreading around the shield variety lately.

nJXflRZ.jpg

Nice color on that one. I like the darker Appaloosa Bone on this model.
Agree 100% on the shield variety!

Nice color on that one. I like the darker Appaloosa Bone on this model.
Agree 100% on the shield variety!
Thanks for the compliments sir, the darker color yields a very classy look but I can't seem to capture it in a photo.

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments sir, the darker color yields a very classy look but I can't seem to capture it in a photo.

I did find the Appaloosa Bone almost as difficult to photograph as Horn. It is quite the challenge trying to capture the depth in those types of covers, I don't think I've been met with success yet...

No Pheasant Feathers anybody?

My dealer didn't seem to get any singles in and I've not seen any so far, ultra rare??

No Pheasant Feathers anybody?

*raises hand* I went for the feathers.:) It was the dog etch that sold me (even though I'm not a big fan of etches on blades in general); that and the pattern on the scales reminds me of two old Imperial knives I have with the celluloid (I think) wrapped around the metal. The middle is a closer pattern match, but they both have that sort of earth tone, pieced & patched together look, kinda. I like the idea of having a knife with that pattern that's actually usable. The middle one is in bad shape (broken, badly sharpened blades and a loose scale) and the bottom one is one of those trick knives that has to be held a certain way to open or close.

38775489070_cfff60eaab_b.jpg

Back