GEC #77 Medium Barlow Impressions

I don’t know. I like acrylic. My old faithful beer scout is acrylic.
But those polished NF bolsters, polished blade with long pull-match strike... I’m not seeing it.
I’m seeing premium bone and wood covers.

nW8z0CX.jpg

In some ways I'm feeling lucky, because the single spear really does nothing for me.

But, of course, if I find myself in the right place and right time and all that...;)

In some ways I'm feeling lucky, because the single spear really does nothing for me.

But, of course, if I find myself in the right place and right time and all that...;)
Like a place where your phone is nearby and a time when you have a fast enough connection to get to the reserve site and actually reserve one? Yeah, me too. Going to go put the reserve site in my favorites now.

Oh no (thinking of a glitter gold banana shield NF Barlow) ;)
Sold! :D

My collection of NF Barlows consists of this one, perfect, clip/coping in ironwood, and it doesn't get the pocket-time it deserves, so I'll sit this run out and improve the odds for one you guys. :):thumbsup: (unless a glitter gold banana shield unicorn is an option, that is.:p)
YGobMrF.jpg

My collection of NF Barlows consists of this one, perfect, clip/coping in ironwood, and it doesn't get the pocket-time it deserves, so I'll sit this run out and improve the odds for one you guys. :):thumbsup: (unless a glitter gold banana shield unicorn is an option, that is.:p)
YGobMrF.jpg
My only NF barlow as well.
D8VWQtY.jpg

I’m a big fan of the banana shield, but this is a barlow... gonna need that banana stamped into the bolster.

How about some abalone covers??

Mike seems to be a fan since he has used it before on his SFO’s.

My only NF barlow as well.
D8VWQtY.jpg

I’m a big fan of the banana shield, but this is a barlow... gonna need that banana stamped into the bolster.
You're absolutely right. Barlows shouldn't have shields. Perhaps, in this one instance, the glitter gold would look best with no banana shield.

This is starting to remind me of the time somebody mentioned green saw cut and I laughed and thought to myself that won't happen...

Like a place where your phone is nearby and a time when you have a fast enough connection to get to the reserve site and actually reserve one? Yeah, me too. Going to go put the reserve site in my favorites now.
Well, actually, I'll have to be just right in front of the computer to have a chance. My phone just wouldn't cut it I'm sure, haha.

My GEC collection is in a place where I don't feel I have to chase everything, and the upcoming 29 run is much more interesting to me than the single spear barlow configuration.

But, I do have a weakness for certain handle materials, and the aforementioned Glitter Gold would have me waiting for the drop.

YGobMrF.jpg
I also believe that the Clip / Coping / Ironwood is the Perfect One and I also have one so I expect that I will set this one out too . But I will post this one again just to Stir Folks Up again .

I believe that these are the best 2 of the bunch .

Harry

Indeed, the ironwood clip/coping remains my most carried Barlow ever. Best of that run. I carried it for 5 months straight last year, and it’s one of only a handful of my knives to ever be named. This one is Rondeau, named after the famous Adirondack hermit.

bujw0YBh.jpg

But the micarta and sawcut from this run weren’t too shabby either.

6tatU7fh.jpg

OdBpf61h.jpg

Indeed, the ironwood clip/coping remains my most carried Barlow ever. Best of that run. I carried it for 5 months straight last year, and it’s one of only a handful of my knives to ever be named. This one is Rondeau, named after the famous Adirondack hermit.

bujw0YBh.jpg

But the micarta and sawcut from this run weren’t too shabby either.

6tatU7fh.jpg

OdBpf61h.jpg
I'm in agreement. I carried my saw cut A LOT last year. Probably around the same length. It's just a perfect combo of blades.

Back