GEC #77 Medium Barlow Impressions

Careful what you wish for!

Let me introduce you to Mrs. Goldie Barlow!
Now she's here, now she's gone (bananas).
She's a beaut!
Adobe-20190710-082359.jpg

(I know it's a shabby jobb, but best I could do in little time on tiny phone screen with app I've never used before.)

We need another run of these .

Harry
I saw a photo on the GEC web-sight. Northfield #77 bolsters SFO CollectorKnives.net I clicked onto a posting on CKs reserve. Make sure you get signed up and get ready. I am sure 4 different #77s will be made about 500+ pieces. They will be spoken for in 10 minutes !

Because I know this thread is likely going to head in a rather predictable direction, please note the following link and read some of that thread. It is currently locked right now but I am sure if one feels the need to further that flavor of discussion, they could start another one in the GBU.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/how-should-collector-knives-sell-gec-sfos.1548745/

Also, for those of you returning to this thread that may not be aware, patience should be exercised due to Mike's difficult family situation currently.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/mikes-son.1670362/

My Cocobolo is at the main post office 30 miles away. That #93 will be in my hand tomorrow. If I get a #77 on this run , cool. If not , I aint crying. I just counted 34 GEC knives on my bed. I am trying for the #93 antique autumn Real Rams foot knife next. I just spotted Bloodwood for the Northfield #29. It was supposed to be snakewood.

Because I know this thread is likely going to head in a rather predictable direction, please note the following link and read some of that thread. It is currently locked right now but I am sure if one feels the need to further that flavor of discussion, they could start another one in the GBU.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/how-should-collector-knives-sell-gec-sfos.1548745/

Thank you for an interesting and informative read. As someone attempting for first time to partake on the race, I am amazed how much dedication is needed to get just a slight chance to get the knife. Also very eye-opening to get a glimpse of what perils Mr. Latham is going through just to make it as right as possible for customers.

I cannot but think of H. D. Thoreau quote: "The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it."

Me, reading all those endless threads on BF, constantly refreshing BF, Ck, gec and more...this is definitely going to be my most expensive knife by far. And to make things worse, I will not even get it despite paying that price. :)

But hey, I currently have 5 GECs including 2018 #15 TC ancient barlow. And there were times not too long ago when I drooled over GEC knives thinking I will never ever ever be able to get one. I have been blessed. Enough is as good as a feast.

Last edited:
Northfield, Single Spear blade, long matchstriker pull, cut swedge, satin finish, no shield, nickel silver long “NF” bolster and liners.

Variations: Red Sawcut Bone, Amber Sawcut Bone, African Blackwood, Natural Linen Micarta.

Back