GEC #77 Medium Barlow Impressions

This was one time I was sorry to have 4 choices! Man that was hard.

That Blackwood just spoke to me. It was too classy to pass up. It’s the only one with a color coordinated bolster! ;) I plan to keep it a loooong time, so the durability of the wood over the bone was a slight edge for me. I’ve had some old sawcut develop a small crack.

Whew! Congrats to all. Nice cap to a busy work day.

Sawcut Bone on a Barlow is representative of one of those most perfect of pairings so I knew that despite my fondness for black wood/ebony, I was going to end up with sawcut in one color or another.

Red (second only to black) is still my color and even though I am a bit worried that GEC's propensity towards washed out dyeing as of late might have a negative impact, I had to go with red sawcut. Here's to hoping that I get a good red example.

That Blackwood just spoke to me. It was too classy to pass up. It’s the only one with a color coordinated bolster! ;) I plan to keep it a loooong time, so the durability of the wood over the bone was a slight edge for me. I’ve had some old sawcut develop a small crack.

I kepth thinking to myself, I have a 14 in Ebony, a Waynorth lamb inebony and a forum knife coming in Ebony would be a sweet set...but jeez that saw cut will look good with my other saw cut 77s.

That Amber sawcut looks fantastic! Looks like it's 100 years old already!
How are you guys being contacted? the Telegram app?

I kepth thinking to myself, I have a 14 in Ebony, a Waynorth lamb inebony and a forum knife coming in Ebony would be a sweet set...but jeez that saw cut will look good with my other saw cut 77s.

:thumbsup: No matter which one I picked, I knew I’d wish for another. Stellar group.

How are you guys being contacted? the Telegram app?

Email.

Back