GEC #77 Medium Barlow Impressions

Mt amber sawcut came early. A few freckles to add to the charm. Really like the 77 pattern and happy to have this one:
EHwjXl0.jpg

Mine arrived ! Looks really nice, fit and finish is very good although there are some minor gaps between spring and liner by the bolsters. Not a big deal as all my Barlows have this to some extent. Great walk and talk with a nice pull.

ommlmbd.jpg

Next to a Camillus #11

qlgLvbD.jpg

Sandwiched between an Ulster and a Camillus #51

fivKoNk.jpg

Mine arrived ! Looks really nice, fit and finish is very good although there are some minor gaps between spring and liner by the bolsters. Not a big deal as all my Barlows have this to some extent. Great walk and talk with a nice pull.

ommlmbd.jpg

Next to a Camillus #11

qlgLvbD.jpg

fivKoNk.jpg
I hope my ASCB will look like this. Beautiful example.

USPS says my Red was just delivered. But I won’t believe they actually did something on time till it’s in my hands.

Hopefully it’s a good dark example but even if it’s not it’s going to be a user.

At my age it’s the small things that give me pleasure. A kiss from my beautiful little granddaughter, cruising the back roads as the leaves change color here in CT, with Tom Petty on the radio and the feel of my first CK 77 in micarta in my right front pocket Thank you Mike, well done

Kinda blown away with this knife! Color, color match, F&F, W&T - all tops. The pull on this one may be a tiny bit less than I feel in my 3 other GEC 77 examples...maybe a 5 or 5-1/2, but the action is so smooth, and the talk is...musical. :thumbsup::cool:

And - (bonus!) I can pinch it open! :eek::thumbsup:

l01OooD.jpg

nIyQauj.jpg

ommlmbd.jpg

Next to a Camillus #11

qlgLvbD.jpg

fivKoNk.jpg

Steve, when you put it next to some vintage Barlow’s I think it makes the 77 look even better!!

Back