GEC #77 Medium Barlow Impressions

The two pins through the springs are spun instead of sanded flat so they don’t sand off the sawcut jigging. So yes they are proud but they’re supposed to be.
Ah, so that is why! Interesting and totally makes sense. The pins on my example are ever so slightly proud, especially the middle pin but I figure it was a matter of not wanting to peen the pin so flush that it would fracture the bone. Thanks for the info.

I sat out this run, but it looks like they all turned out pretty nice. Here's an old one.....just because.
IMG_0329-X3.jpg

I've been carrying this since last Friday. I love the knife but I'm not sure if I love the covers - there's quite a difference between the two sides. Everything else about it is top notch!

3xPVq5w.jpg

6du6ARn.jpg

Are these considered factory seconds?

Second hand materials

I've been carrying this since last Friday. I love the knife but I'm not sure if I love the covers - there's quite a difference between the two sides. Everything else about it is top notch!

You actually have a knife with dual-personality! How cool!! :)

Is that an African Blackwood?
I guess I got lucky with mine.

I think that show side is amazingly beautiful!!!

You actually have a knife with dual-personality! How cool!! :)

Yes, it is African Blackwood. I do find the brown mottling unique and interesting, just not what I expected. If both sides matched I would have been tempted to put it in the safe. As it stands, I'm carrying it daily and enjoying it. The 77 Barlow w/ spear point is my favorite GEC so far ...

Back