GEC #86 2021: Angus Jack, 2AB, Spring Street Barlow (BF Knife)

How is it that Blade HQ can't connect new releases to the brand in their search bar?
I had "GEC by most recent up" all day yesterday, refreshing, and its come to my attention that they only post them in the general new release section, unattached to brand.
If you go look up GEC now, they still don't come up today.
So every time I've been trying to get one, I never had a chance.
Almost every other Mom & Pop has this figured out...
Ha, I don't even consider Blade HQ as a dealer because there's no way to know when GEC's drop unless you're constantly refreshing their site.

Technically this knife would require a Fish & Wildlife declaration because of the wood. This adds $95 per box to the outbound customs cost. Nearly no dealers file the right declaration, but one day they will get caught in a random check.
why is that? are there specific US laws?

all i know is that you only need a CITES for Ebony (Diospyros) from Madagascar.

Common Name(s): Macassar Ebony, Striped Ebony, Amara Ebony
Scientific Name: Diospyros celebica
Distribution: Southeast Asia
Sustainability: This wood species is not listed in the CITES Appendices, but is on the IUCN Red List. It is listed as vulnerable due to a population reduction of over 20% in the past three generations, caused by a decline in its natural range, and exploitation.

How is it that Blade HQ can't connect new releases to the brand in their search bar?
I had "GEC by most recent up" all day yesterday, refreshing, and its come to my attention that they only post them in the general new release section, unattached to brand.
If you go look up GEC now, they still don't come up today.
So every time I've been trying to get one, I never had a chance.
Almost every other Mom & Pop has this figured out...

Did they get rid of the GB&U thread when the updated the site?

That's a subtle hint right there.

I got email notification from GSJ last week and was able to score the medium. I just got lucky today with GPK on a well done one. I just happened to be checking the site when they dropped. 🤷
GSJ notification didn't work for me for some reason last week and missed it.

You would liked to have seen it more centered?

I think it looks great!! Would be a dream score to grab one of these in 440C and finally scratch that itch. The fact that it is a stamped bolster and a clip point really adds to the appeal.

Agree. I’ve said time and time again, I only buy from dealers that don’t preemptively flip on the front end. Too many are disgracefully doing this.
Doesn't seem like your lack of interest is hurting their sales.

Let's TALK ABOUT THE KNIVES! A good knife, easily worth $190.

Ha, I don't even consider Blade HQ as a dealer because there's no way to know when GEC's drop unless you're constantly refreshing their site.
Lol, right? The bigger frustration comes from actually doing that, and realizing that all along (for like... A WHILE) I've been refreshing in the completely wrong place!
Struck out on DLT, too, good job getting one! I saw the email 4 min after it hit and was too late.
Trying to chase one down for a gift for a friend, but he's in Florida, so maybe just gonna hold out for the stainless instead.

This won't help anyone now, but DLT just dropped. I snagged a well done. 👍 This time the email notification was on time.
Email came, went in immediately, OOS all three haha. You guys are lucky, I think I'll just wait for CK for mine, it's getting to be a zoo and I'm not helping it get better.

Not just to him the whole thread needs to be moved in my opinion. BTW it was too subtle evidently.

TALK ABOUT THE KNIVES!
This thread is a hot mess.
Its happening more and more all the time. :thumbsdown:

snipet from the above link:

In order to avoid violations of bladeforums.com's "Terms Of Service" (TOS) or our own sub-forum guidelines, please refrain from posting vendor links, referrals and/or endorsements within our threads as well as directing our members toward a particular commercial site.
("Deal & Bargain Spotting" is a violation of the TOS)

Let's keep our threads focused on the discussion of traditional knives, not vendors and their web sites.

The exception to the rule above is that you may refer other members to dealers who support bladefrums.com via a "Dealer" membership. Refer to the Paid Dealer Members List ( Updated 10/21/2018 ).

(The "Feedback" section remains the proper venue to report your recommendations and experiences, both good and bad, with vendors, dealers, makers etc.
You may also share links and vendor recommendations with one another privately via email or PM.)

Back