GEC #86 2021: Angus Jack, 2AB, Spring Street Barlow (BF Knife)

best GEC I ever had was a 93 cocobolo rams foot. Dead center, perfect pull, springs flush in all positions and level with spine when open. Perfect bolsters etc. Never seen a better production knife anywhere than that one
Yes, I have one of those. It is very well executed and finished. You refer to it as if it was in the past and you no longer have it?

Im surprised there haven't been more pictures! I'm waiting here patiently for mine and was hoping for some more pictures to help hold me over

Well done GEC :)

EFMVVdM.jpg

Little too much time hitting refresh last week, apparently… but I got lucky with a couple drops and landed one of each, just so I’d know. These are so nice, my pics don’t do justice to the wood on these. Pulls are right on. My only complaint would be the tip of the sheep on the mid rare is angled slightly up. Won’t be an issue after a few sharpenings most likely, but it’s consistent with several of my other straight edge GECs, and I wish they’d take a bit more care in that area. The well done is virtually flawless.

They are a chunky knife for sure. However, one of my regular carries is a Buck 112, and these are somewhat smaller and lighter than that one, so no big deal there for me.

I’ll spend a little time with one soon (haven’t decided which one yet) and see how they feel in use!

F7C146CF-E261-4196-9519-64274DE703CC.jpeg
657B7794-BEDB-4DAF-9AD0-5803B731468E.jpeg
D71BD103-62A7-4437-85FC-B4D719AD699D.jpeg

Back