GEC #86 2021: Angus Jack, 2AB, Spring Street Barlow (BF Knife)

That's a relative position!! You don't have to be too near the stamping to hit it accidentally with a wheel, and trash it!! 😲 Instant "seconds"!!

That’s fair. Still, it could’ve come up a bit. 😁

I think they could’ve moved up a bit. It’s nowhere near the pivot pin. 😁

94adKmD.jpg
Lol. Well that pic was a good one. Saves me digging out a safe queen.

I think they could’ve moved up a bit. It’s nowhere near the pivot pin. 😁

94adKmD.jpg
It would look more properly located if it was up a little , but I learned years ago to look at the Process On The Floor , and maybe even try it out . I would change the overall size in order to get more space at the bottom and keep the space at the top . But it is not my Money to make the changes . And I expect that they will all be Sold Out anyhow . I certainly hope that I can get 1 or 2 of them .

Harry

I wasn't very enthused about the cover materials for the 2AB at first, but these sure are nice. They're on par with the stainless acorn #47 Vipers from a while back. I'm glad to see they are thin, too, like 77s and not thick like the 86s from 2019.

51525175970_9d7cf9c9f8_h.jpg

did you do something with the exposure/lighting? thats much brighter than Ive seen the others

FYI, Jack, I just looked at it in lower light now that it's the evening and the red looks much darker, like some bone. Having said that, I looked at the production pictures and you're right, most of them look pretty dark. Here's the shot that I could find of some knives that were finished, and the bottom right knife looks like it has a grain pattern similar to mine and is showing more red than others. I've seen layered G-10 do the same thing, too, where it depends on how the piece was finished which layer gets revealed.

[img[https://greateasterncutlery.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/IMG_4478.jpg[/img]

FYI, Jack, I just looked at it in lower light now that it's the evening and the red looks much darker, like some bone. Having said that, I looked at the production pictures and you're right, most of them look pretty dark. Here's the shot that I could find of some knives that were finished, and the bottom right knife looks like it has a grain pattern similar to mine and is showing more red than others. I've seen layered G-10 do the same thing, too, where it depends on how the piece was finished which layer gets revealed.

[img[https://greateasterncutlery.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/IMG_4478.jpg[/img]

im still hoping to get one, it looks good to me!

I'm really liking all the Angus pics, and I really like a knife named after the Angus. We raised black angus and Angus/Hertford cross back before it was cool and Hertfords was king lol. But anyways all this talk of medium rare and well done, but all I see is...7AR85_Excellence-800x533.jpg
Red Angus and, hqdefault.jpg
Black Angus 🤠👍
(All those nutty stainless barlows are pretty cool too!)

Back