1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

GEC Barlow Question of Little Importance

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Thomason, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Thomason

Thomason

Nov 28, 2002
    Why does Waynorths latest "ancient" GEC 15 TC Barlow seem to be a digit short on the tang stamp? Only 5 instead of six. Asking out of pure curiosity on a lazy afternoon.
    ( :thumbsup: Charlie, btw)

2. Sacto

Sacto Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 27, 2017
    If I understood correctly, there is no digit to signify the blade shape. Since it is a modified spear, they didn’t have a number devoted for that shape.

Ramrodmb and JohnDF like this.
  3. BigJim2x

BigJim2x Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 22, 2016
    the blade shape isn't in the books. Although a spearpoint, it is narrower than normal. Instead of assigning a number they left it blank and went with a model 15 single blade made in 18 - that is 15 118.

Sacto beat me to it while I was typing.

JohnDF likes this.
  4. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Makes it an even more interesting knife.

5. Rich S

Rich S

Sep 23, 2005
    Except any TC barlows are impossible to find!
    Rich

6. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Try a Rough Rider.:thumbsup:

willc likes this.
  7. jsdistin

jsdistin KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 27, 2016
    It’s also longer. If they made it any longer it would be in real danger of getting caught on the back spring

8. Thomason

Thomason

Nov 28, 2002
    Thanks for the info, folks. I figured it something to do with it being a SFO but didn't know exactly what.

9. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    It's Ancient, having trouble counting past five?:D:eek:

singin50, JITDC and JohnDF like this.
  10. Rich S

Rich S

Sep 23, 2005
    I have seven RR barlows. All good knives; well made.
    Rich