GEC GAW

Hello all,

I don’t post in this sub-forum that much, but I like to read and you all are great group. I’ve always been impressed by the generosity on the porch. I’d like to give back.

Here’s what your playing for:
tidioute-98-texas-cattle-knife-gabon-ebony-wood-31.jpg

Not my pic, but this is the model.

The knife is a light user. For those that aren’t familiar it’s BIG. If you think you’ll use it, or just to add to your collection, please join in. I believe I still have the tube.

To enter just say your in and post a picture of a cowboy. It can be a photo, a drawing, a movie image, whatever. Anything from old west to current is good. Feel free to throw in a story as well.

Please only enter if you are a porch regular (You know who you are). I’ll ship anywhere this knife is allowed, but if customs takes it (not likely) you’ll have my sympathies.

I’ll pick the winner using the random number generator thingamajig in about a week.

Good luck all!

Last edited:
Oh ya... "I'm in"
How about a picture of me and my mom, taken quite a few years ago. ;)
I worked ranches, I was an outfitter, I competed in rodeo, and I built custom saddles... until I had kids and had to make money. :D
Edit to add: If I win, please pass on the knife to my friend, @mitch4ging, Dennis.

Turn and Burn

Last edited:
What a generous giveaway. I’ll play.

I didn’t grow up around cowboys but like most kids I loved pretending to be one. I’ve enjoyed introducing my kids to horses and revolvers and the West. We got to visit the Alamo last Christmas for the first time and really enjoyed the history and the artifacts on display.

I liked Zorro and The Lone Ranger best, but Zorro more so because of his sword (duh!).

Here’s a picture of the man in the mask:

upload_2020-3-30_20-8-56.jpeg

I forgot to add: Please give my entry to Jack Black as a small happy birthday gift.

Last edited:
I’ll jump in on this one because country and cowboys are near and dear to my life. My grandpa was one hell of a cowboy and toughest men I knew, so I’m in! I don’t normally share pictures of my kids but here we go. First picture is my son, second is my adopted son, and third picture is a very close friend riding broncs from our Labor Day Rodeo last year. Yeehaw. I’m to old to play cowboy anymore, I just dress and follow the code now a days. This year both boys will be giving their first to at mutton bustin and I can’t wait! They both make me very proud! Thank you sir for the opportunity and very kind gesture!
ORKFmo3.jpg

XQMh64o.jpg

aZ7H71D.jpg

Back