GEC GAW

Great knife, but not an entry from me please. Nice idea for a giveaway, and a generous one, thanks. With the possible exception of my grandfather, who read so many cowboy books, folks said he walked bow-legged, I didn't know any cowboys before I discovered The Porch, and it has been quite fascinating. Good luck folks, and cowboy up cupcakes! ;) :D :thumbsup:

0BkqF0c.jpg

Did you buy that from Chris himself back in your roping days? From what I understand, he used to sell albums out of the trunk of his car at rodeos back in the day.
I bought that in a Western store back in High School.
I had a bunch of 8 Track tapes too. Now I have CDs and Downloads.
I did order a couple of tapes, which were sent out by his parents, along with a nice newsletter.
I do have an autographed poster from when I met him.

knowtracks knowtracks said: "I traveled with Chris a while, met his family in Kaycee, he is a Great Friend! Miss him often... Dave

Dave, you are lucky to have known him.
I met him once, he sat down and drank a beer with us after a concert.
It was a very small concert in a bar long before he became such a popular artist.
He just finished his concert and then went from table to table visiting with people.
I saw him in concert a couple of times after that, but they were bigger venues with lots of people.
Seemed like a genuine, down-to earth, great guy. I miss him too.

Might I also suggest:

Accidental Cowboy by Jameson Parker. Its available on Amazon or Kindle.

It's a great overview of ranching in California or at least our part, Kern Co. It's also hilarious and very thoughtful at the same time. JP is a good friend, in fact he designed my Sonoran Hunter and Sonoran Skinner. He's an incredible writer and can sit a horse. If a guy has any interest in contemporary cowboys and ranching read this.

Last edited:
Hopefully I’m not hijacking the thread but it seems like there are some Chris LeDoux fans here so I have a quick story, also. When I was in college, 20 some years ago he did a concert at our school. Apparently I knew someone who knew someone and I ended up working security up on the stage at the concert. I briefly met Chris and his guitarist Mark. They seemed like nice guys. I still have a set list that I peeled off the stage at the end of the concert and just happened to find it in a box not long ago.
8dqu6uh.jpg

I think I’ll enter the giveaway also. I don’t typically call myself a cowboy, but I make my living working with cattle so I guess you could call me one. So, here I am at work a couple months ago.
HskQ02E.jpg

And here’s my little cowboy and cowgirl in training helping me move some cows last week.
Z1UAjub.jpg

Thanks for a chance at the giveaway.

I think I’ll enter the giveaway also. I don’t typically call myself a cowboy, but I make my living working with cattle so I guess you could call me one. So, here I am at work a couple months ago.
HskQ02E.jpg

And here’s my little cowboy and cowgirl in training helping me move some cows last week.
Z1UAjub.jpg

Thanks for a chance at the giveaway.

John beat me to it, but that is a fantastic mustache.

I don’t typically call myself a cowboy, but I make my living working with cattle so I guess you could call me one.
If my memory serves, aren't you the guy who managed to free himself from a rope when being dragged by a horse? I think you used your knife, a folder, and you kinda like lanyard holes now, right?? ;)
That's a good cowboy tale, I think :thumbsup:

If my memory serves, aren't you the guy who managed to free himself from a rope when being dragged by a horse? I think you used your knife, a folder, and you kinda like lanyard holes now, right?? ;)
That's a good cowboy tale, I think :thumbsup:
Yes, that was me. I actually got dragged by a cow that was having calving problems. And, yes, I cut the rope with my hayn helper while being dragged. If that’s the price of admission, I don’t want to be a cowboy. ;)

Back