GEC hunting knives

Hey Guys,

Who has used Great Eastern Cutlery's fixed blade hunting knives. What do you think of them?

Which pattern do you like best for deer hunting to skin, bone out and process a deer in the field?

Thanks,

Geoff

I gave my dad a scout (?) pattern- I think it a #73, but am not confident. Either way, it's a small trapper pattern (2-blade folder) with stag handles. With it, he has processed all of the deer he has shot since receiving it. That is a dozen or more. But, he uses a reciprocating saw for bones. No issies, however, with navigating joints with those sharp and thin blades. In general, we both prefer pointy knives over deep bellies knives for processing deer.

I use an H20 Orange handled.. I only hunt rabbits but it has worked well at cleaning those.. Like the orange handle as it stands out if dropped.. I put a lanyard on it to hang up when finished and cleaning up.. John

I have an H20 clip point that I think will work nicely on small game or for fishing, I wouldnt try it on large game though. The blade is very thin and the handle is too slim. Its a nice knife, I will be using it once hunting season is back in.

Back