GEC new #43 pattern, who’s excited?

SVTFreak

Gold Member
I didn’t see a thread started on this one yet. I noticed it last night. I’m excited! Although I can’t discern the difference between it and the 42.

A large, single blade slip joint (or maybe a lockback in future too!)? Count me in for at least 1! I want a green or blue or red jigged bone. I can see that bad boy getting some use even though my collection has gone more towards customs.

I'm looking forward to these. I wish the Northfield stag had a long pull, but in no way is that a deal breaker for me. I'm excited to see camel bone on a regular run (non SFO) from GEC - I really like the way camel bone takes dye. A big slab of cocobolo on a 4.25 sized knife should look great too. Lots of good options for everyone. If I wanted anything different I'd like to see the long pull on the Northfield and black camel instead of orange.

Definitely in for at least one. Love the size/heft of this frame! I had a Madison Barlow a few years ago that I FOOLISHLY moved along.

I initially wasn't too stoked about these, but thanks to my ever-changing tastes, I'm definitely coming around.

I love the lanyard tube! Cocobolo maybe?

I’m thinking 1 northfield in green jigged bone and one Tidioute in rust red. Assuming the coloring is nice.

I was initially in... but the size is giving me second thoughts.

It would be a handful for sure. But if it’s thin, it may carry small. I carry a 4.25” stockman, but it has thin covers and thin blade stock often and it carries much smaller than comparable thicker ones. Hopefully, this one is much the same.

Boy I hope they do this in the 72/73 size as well, I have been dying for a Cody Scout clip but in a slipjoint rather than lockback

No, not after one. Too big for my pocket - it's getting to belt knife size. Thin it may be but on a big knife that can be paradoxically a handling drawback - think CASE Copperlock. The full size is very thin and ungrippy whereas the smaller Mini copper lock gives a much better grip, still thin though.

The 73 suits me far more, good balance.

I look forward to seeing others' knives though and how the scale options turn out.

Regards, Will

I will admit, the fact that this is called the Oregon is a big factor as to why I am interested in it. It's not every day that we get a knife named after us :D.

Also, it's a big knife, which is something I am actually looking forward to experiencing from GEC. I have 2 reserved, a Tidioute in rust red bone, and a Northfield in Cocobolo.

I will admit, the fact that this is called the Oregon is a big factor as to why I am interested in it. It's not every day that we get a knife named after us :D.

Also, it's a big knife, which is something I am actually looking forward to experiencing from GEC. I have 2 reserved, a Tidioute in rust red bone, and a Northfield in Cocobolo.
Great minds think a like ;)
Same here lol
Although I only reserved one in cocobolo and a notified on a canvas Micarta and frontier bone :thumbsup:
Excited for this pattern !

Back