BURNT ORANGE JIG BONE 17 PCS.

981316W
ANTIQUE YELLOW JIG BONE 19 PCS.
CRANBERRY JIG BONE 19 PCS.
BURNT ORANGE JIG BONE 21 PCS.

ANTIQUE YELLOW JIG BONE 72 PCS.
CRANBERRY JIG BONE 64 PCS.
BURNT ORANGE JIG BONE 55 PCS.

2016 might have been one of the best years in my mind. Beers Scouts, 98 Camp/Cattle/Whittler, Vipers, Eureka, 45, 35, TC's, 72, 14, 74, 85's.... Fremont Jack, Esky Zulu, Bear Lake...
That maybe an understatement on 2016’s runs
How many variations were there of the 14’s and were there just galores of SFO’s that drove up that many ?

You said beginners are welcome, so here goes. I only have a handful of traditionals and no GEC yet(kinda tough to figure them out).

Has GEC produced a single blade spear point?
Has GEC produced a single blade wharncliffe?
Is so what are the model numbers?

Thanks
Gec produced "Northwoods" sfo's that answer your calling. In GEC, the #19, #47 had single wharncliffes, single spears in #72 pattern, and the #56 patterns.

There were approx 200 Camp Knives, 50 Cattle, and 50 Whittlers made for me on the #98 pattern. Bill made different versions, but mine have the big Banner Shield, and flat Bolsters.
I've heard of a couple of Mint Camps knives hitting that insane 4 figure mark!! 😲 :rolleyes:
Thanks for the info! Talk about a rare bird then! I may not have that much to spend, but ive got time! Seems like I'll just need to put my ear to the ground.

On another note, you have really produced some incredible knives. I love seeing the pictures of them around, and seeing some of the knives that inspired them in my searching!

You said beginners are welcome, so here goes. I only have a handful of traditionals and no GEC yet(kinda tough to figure them out).

Has GEC produced a single blade spear point?
Has GEC produced a single blade wharncliffe?
Is so what are the model numbers?

Thanks

They've made quite a few of each across several patterns.

They’ve done single spear #05’s, #14’s, #15’s, #25’s, #36’s, #45’s, #46’s, #54’s, #55’s, #65’s, #72’s, #77’s, #78’s, #85’s, #89’s, #92’s, and #99’s.

They’ve done single wharncliffe #06’s, #13’s, #18’s, #19’s, #25’s, #47’s, #55’s, #72’s, #77’s, #92’s, and #99’s.

(I may have missed a couple in there, but I think that’s a fairly comprehensive list.)

The #25 is one of my favorite GEC spearpoints.

U1lE1GQ.jpg

And the #47 is probably my favorite single wharncliffe.

pibkAN4.jpg

(Edited to correct #12 to #13 and add #25’s to the single wharncliffe list.)

Last edited:

They’ve done single spear #05’s, #14’s, #15’s, #25’s, #36’s, #45’s, #46’s, #54’s, #55’s, #65’s, #72’s, #77’s, #78’s, #85’s, #89’s, #92’s, and #99’s.

They’ve done single wharncliffe #06’s, #12’s, #18’s, #19’s, #47’s, #55’s, #72’s, #77’s, #92’s, and #99’s.

(I may have missed a couple in there, but I think that’s a fairly comprehensive list.)

U1lE1GQ.jpg

pibkAN4.jpg
Well done, Barrett! The only point of correction, I think, is the single wharncliffe on the 13, instead of the 12.

Was there a single wharncliffe 25?

Well done, Barrett! The only point of correction, I think, is the single wharncliffe on the 13, instead of the 12.

Was there a single wharncliffe 25?

Why did I put #12? Haha. I definitely meant #13 (the “Whip,” which was my least favorite #13).

I’m not sure about the #25. They’ve done spear, sheepsfoot, clip and drop point, but I don’t know about a wharncliffe. It doesn’t show up on the “Knife Releases by Pattern” on GEC’s website, but that doesn’t mean much, because there A LOT missing from that section.

Edited to add: Yes, they did make a single wharncliffe #25. I’ll update the list in my previous post.

Last edited:

They’ve done single wharncliffe #06’s, #13’s, #18’s, #19’s, #25’s, #47’s, #55’s, #72’s, #77’s, #92’s, and #99’s.

U1lE1GQ.jpg

pibkAN4.jpg

(Edited to correct #12 to #13 and add #25’s to the single wharncliffe list.)

nice knife and tobacco, cheers!

Why did I put #12? Haha. I definitely meant #13 (the “Whip,” which was my least favorite #13).

I’m not sure about the #25. They’ve done spear, sheepsfoot, clip and drop point, but I don’t know about a wharncliffe. It doesn’t show up on the “Knife Releases by Pattern” on GEC’s website, but that doesn’t mean much, because there A LOT missing from that section.

Edited to add: Yes, they did make a single wharncliffe #25. I’ll update the list in my previous post.
thinking...

the “Whip,” which was my least favorite #13).
Mine too! The tip of the blade was WAY proud and I had to file down the kick in order to not stab my leg taking it in and out of my pocket. 😯

That maybe an understatement on 2016’s runs
How many variations were there of the 14’s and were there just galores of SFO’s that drove up that many ?
There were 53 variations done over 2 years, 2016 & 2018. You would think that managing so many variations of the same knife from multiple dealers would be a big chore. Ordering all the material, coordinating shipping as to not favor one dealer over another, billing each individually, some dealers have specific material they want used as covers that they sent in, different tube art that graphics needs to create...makes you wonder if the thought of stopping SFO's maybe started around this time. Seems like you would need a single full time employee just to manage the SFO process. I hope SFO's return in a percentage of sales from each dealer, in a limited fashion that works for everybody. For me, GEC's best knives were SFO's, Charlie's SFO's TC, Northwoods, Collectorknives NF Barlows and 85's, American Whittler... Battle Ship knives on and on..

2016 production schedule
sTb6eqLh.jpg

tHHyYFhh.jpg

Size comparison, 14 on the right, 15 ancient TC and 15 stainless elk on the left.

S9eUtChh.jpg

Last edited:
There were 53 variations done over 2 years, 2016 & 2018. You would think that managing so many variations of the same knife from multiple dealers would be a big chore. Ordering all the material, coordinating shipping as to not favor one dealer over another, billing each individually, some dealers have specific material they want used as covers that they sent in, different tube art that graphics needs to create...makes you wonder if the thought of stopping SFO's maybe started around this time. Seems like you would need a single full time employee just to manage the SFO process. I hope SFO's return in a percentage of sales from each dealer, in a limited fashion that works for everybody. For me, GEC's best knives were SFO's, Charlie's SFO's TC, Northwoods, Collectorknives NF Barlows and 85's, American Whittler... Battle Ship knives on and on..

2016 production schedule
sTb6eqLh.jpg

tHHyYFhh.jpg

Size comparison, 14 on the right, 15 ancient TC and 15 stainless elk on the left.

S9eUtChh.jpg
Agreed on the favorite SFO’s. I’ll add the DLT SFO with the oak shield as another favorite also

Horsecut Bone on a fixed aka Hen's Tooth Bone.

What are the other scarce bones?

dbsYdD0.jpg

I think worm groove has only been used twice.

g8Fphhah.jpg

Orange marrow bone on an H10. I don't think GEC has used this again, but not sure. Similar to red soup bone, but orange.

3UAnqWGh.jpg

Blue camel has been used I think 3 times.

ejorhJvh.jpg

Appolusa been done a couple times I think.

KPoDeXjh.jpg

Giraffe been done probably 8 times or so? Rough guess. Esky Zulu

DYdeBcKh.jpg

Back