1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

GEC stainless 15 and Black Box Winchesters

Discussion in 'For Sale: Traditionals, Slipjoints, "Old Timey"' started by Tyd450, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Tyd450

Tyd450 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2015
    I have a few nice ones up for sale today! USA only and prices include all shipping and paypal fees.

Please take a look at the individual albums for all of the knives and feel free to PM with any questions.

First is a burnt orange jigged bone stainless 15. This has been used, sharpened and carried but is still in really great shape. $old

stainless 15 album: https://imgur.com/a/nTTv6KV

Second is a set of black box winchester stockmen. Both were bought by me as NOS (new old stock) and they are in great shape for knives made back in the late 80's.

The smaller 3964 model was carried a few times by me and has some light patina developing. I would call this a quality build but the spey has some slight wiggle. There is some slight blade rub as well on the spey and sheepsfoot blade. This is a great carry size at 3 5/8" closed. Asking $withdrawn for this one

The larger sowbelly 3949 has not been carried. It has a pepper spot on the sheepsfoot from storage and the sheep and spey both have a little blade rub as well. Very slight gap in the backspring but this one is a very tight build overall. This also has a pin crack on the middle pin on the backside but it looks to be stable. I didn't even notice it until I went to take these pictures. $OLD

3964 pictures: https://imgur.com/a/VuNiWgP

3949 sowbelly pictures: https://imgur.com/a/N2Dlpvj

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    Will Power likes this.
  2. Mingecutter

Mingecutter

Sep 7, 2011
    Interested in that WBB 3949 sowbelly if you decide to break them up.

Good luck with your sales!

3. Epicurian

Epicurian Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Seconds on the sowbelly if you split them up. Thanks.

4. Tyd450

Jul 25, 2015
    I will definitely let you guys know if I decide to split them up, thanks!

In the meantime, price drops on both

Ryanck93 likes this.
  5. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    First is a burnt orange jigged bone stainless 15. This has been used, sharpened and carried but is still in really great shape. $150----now $140

I'll take this please, sending pm now:thumbsup:

mrknife and Will Power like this.
  6. Tyd450

Jul 25, 2015
    Replied and spf to you, thanks!

7. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Thanks again, funds sent:thumbsup:

8. Ryanck93

Ryanck93

Aug 27, 2016
    I’d be interested in the 3964 stockman if you’re down to split the set.

9. Tyd450

Jul 25, 2015
    sowbelly sold, 3964 stockman is still available!

10. Tyd450

Jul 25, 2015
    message sent

11. Tyd450

Jul 25, 2015
    Withdrawn

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  12. Markeologist

Markeologist Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 21, 2018
    NICE! One of my favorites...been pairing w/ the matching cover SS Navy knife