GEC Your Best of The BIG BOYS!

Hey Guys,

Here is a thread specifically for GEC BIG BOYS. I would all of you to show your biggest Bad Boy! For this thread (Big Boys) are qualified as 3 7/8" and larger. We all think we have the perfect GEC knife, especially in the BIG BOY class. I am sure of this as I do too. These are all Winners as they are all nice. In a Single Pic, Please show your most treasured BIG BOY which you feel is the Best of the Best! Please submit Only knives 3 7/8" and larger which are Factory, or SFO knives from GEC.

Winners please step up and take a bow!, just want to see the Best of Best, Lets's see what is out there folks......:)

or SFO knives from GEC.

4 1/2" SFO Large Dark Brown Trapper by GEC

gJDQ0D5.jpg

GEC 235210DL

tvxxXUK.jpg

Last edited:
Bark ram's horn #53 Cuban stockman, 4.1"
RH_CS_zps9661a723.jpg~original

Primitive bone #23 Pioneer linerlock, 4.5"
dccc1b06-55e6-419b-bd99-cbc9c96680ac_zps5e9e346b.jpg~original

No big ones here.

Just a few 23's and a 36.

I've got two grandad barlows (not GEC obviously)

Ebony 23

Thanks guys. This thread is doing me good. Great to see all these. I been spending too much time around thumb studs and pocket clips and fiber reinforced syntho handles and needed a break more than I realized.

Bubinga; one of if not , my favorite wood species. I made my dining table out of it. Among all the red brown there is black, rich, bright red fine threads, gold chatoyance . . . good stuff. All it asks is the right clear finish and the wood takes care of the color show.

The buffalo horn can’t hardly be beat either. I may wind up with a GEC sunfish with black horn if I’m real lucky.

I have no GEC yet. I know, I know (how does he get along)? Really . . . I must say it isn’t easy.
One day.
I don’t know if my first will be a Grinling Whittler or the Sunfish. Probably depends on which I stumble across someday put up for sale.

Question :
Tell me about the knife (?Sunfish?) with the pipe wrench inlayed in it.
I realize these sorts of knives were used by loggers, rough necks and miners . . . so that’s a plumber’s knife ?

Back