GEC Your Best of The BIG BOYS!

Not quite white!

Bark%20Whaler%201_zpsfqc40aeo.jpg

Bark%20Whaler%202_zpslyx6qv2e.jpg

That's a beauty Charlie! Is that the one and only Bark EI? Very pretty.

As I recall it is, Barry. It has moved on to West Virginia, as I also recall!:rolleyes:
:D

Beautiful knife! I don't recall seeing it in the WV Array, but my attention was riveted elsewhere.

Perhaps we will see the WV Array here soon, and draw our own conclusions? :D

~ P.

please tell me some one actually edcs one of those behemoths! those things look like they would take up a whole pocket :eek:

please tell me some one actually edcs one of those behemoths! those things look like they would take up a whole pocket :eek:

My ebony Whaler came to me used and ready for more (which I love in a knife :)), and I carry it often-- the Sunfish and the Lumberjack as well, if not all on the same day. :D

Some of my work pants have a leg pocket seemingly designed for glorious beasts such as these, but their one-spring goodness is conducive to regular pocket carry as well.

[Those of you with jackknife-configured beasts have a slightly different challenge!)

IMG_0681.jpg~original

~ P.

My ebony Whaler came to me used and ready for more (which I love in a knife :)), and I carry it often-- the Sunfish and the Lumberjack as well, if not all on the same day. :D

Some of my work pants have a leg pocket seemingly designed for glorious beasts such as these, but their one-spring goodness is conducive to regular pocket carry as well.

[Those of you with jackknife-configured beasts have a slightly different challenge!)

IMG_0681.jpg~original

~ P.

definitely easier to carry a knife thats used to me as well. too much of the collector in me. things tend to stay neat and packed away in their tubes and boxes unless they came with flaws. and even with flaws i hesitate to modify. but at the end of the day, its a knife to be used i suppose, itll go in the edc box. some times i buy used for that purpose. to use

I really like the #23 although the double blade can be a real pocketful. I just tote it in a clipped pocket sheath and it carries well. The skinner blade is a killer food prep blade (hence the patina).
image_zpsh2rds45l.jpeg

Jamie That white one is a killer (if you see what I mean:D :D ) but what is it? Mammoth? Warthog Tusk? Primitive? Beautiful but massive :cool:

Thanks, Will

Hey Will,

That #23 had mammoth covers added along with a file being taken to the bolsters. Haven't got around to using it much though I did get a killer edge on it for when the urge strikes:rolleyes:

This 4⅛" Cuban looks good in elk stag.
7e90e708-4e6f-4d75-8018-28d9490b2d32_zpsyid8lk8u.jpg~original

And here is some nice, old stag on a 4½" Pioneer.
23stagLL_zps3a7a5ecc.jpg~original

I like these, they are all 2011's in the first picture:

Lft. and RT.
1. Rendezvous- prototype 1. Antique Amber jig bone

2.Spiral buffalo horn 2.Bark ivory From BC to WVa

3.Cocobolo 3. Snakewood

4. Burnt Stag 4.Smooth buffalo horn

5.Cranberry jig bone 5. Primitive bone

V8vwNnS.jpg

The rest plus a Tuna Valley sunfish whittler:

Left and right

1. '13 Lava Acrylic 1. '11 Ebony 5th Anniversary

2.'13 Primitive bone 2. White pearl acrylic

3.'11 Ebony prototype 3.Primitive bone

Tuna Valley burnt stag Sunfish whittler

pRZCSud.jpg

Last edited:
I traded off the 2011 Antique yellow jig bone I had for a guess what? Farmers jack.

Last edited:
definitely easier to carry a knife thats used to me as well. too much of the collector in me. things tend to stay neat and packed away in their tubes and boxes unless they came with flaws. and even with flaws i hesitate to modify. but at the end of the day, its a knife to be used i suppose, itll go in the edc box. some times i buy used for that purpose. to use

This closely mirrors my own experience. All of my knives tend to end up more used than when they arrived, intentionally or otherwise :eek:, but I do welcome the obviously 'broken-in' ones.

I really like the #23 although the double blade can be a real pocketful. I just tote it in a clipped pocket sheath and it carries well. The skinner blade is a killer food prep blade (hence the patina).
image_zpsh2rds45l.jpeg

The real trick with that #23 tends to be opening the blades to begin with. :D

I agree with the others, that re-clad white knife is superb. :thumbup:

I like these....

THAR she blows!

Thank you, Lyle. I am in awe all over again.
thumbup1.gif~original

~ P.

Hey Will,

That #23 had mammoth covers added along with a file being taken to the bolsters. Haven't got around to using it much though I did get a killer edge on it for when the urge strikes:rolleyes:

Jaime, that 23 mammoth looks familiar; look inside the frame for the initials MM and a year date. If it's the knife I'm thinking of, I can give you the history of the MI.

Barry, you are correct. MM 2010 is what is marked in the liner. Pretty cool knife:thumbup:

I thought so; I had Muskrat Man do that conversion with some MI from Alaska. Sold it to help finance inventory. Fine knife. :D

IMG_0681.jpg~original

~ P.

That's one I wish I had grabbed.

When I first ordered a bunch of traditional folders, I ordered a few queen and S&m to break up the GEC's I ordered.

I kick my self still. Those whalers, especiallyou the wood ones, were available for a goodly long time from several sources. I just have to content my self with carrying my GEC Steel sunfish!

The tang on a #46 presents a wide canvas...

IMG_2015.jpg~original

I love the font, especially on the Tidioute.

~ P.

I found a 45 Abalone On some obscure site a few months ago and didn't have the funds at the time. Once I did, I couldn't find it again. It sure what gorgeous.

I love the roughneck/mechanic and lumberjack shields. I'm holding my breath I will find one someday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was a factory model - one of five in 2011.

zR4uDs0.jpg

I'm working on one of the five Barry,$100 at a time,to help complete my collection. Even though I have the bark one that is related to yours.I don't remember ,but it may be the prototype,if that makes six?
If I remember right ,one of the five had a crack and was a wounded warrior give a way.

I'm working on one of the five Barry,$100 at a time,to help complete my collection. Even though I have the bark one that is related to yours.I don't remember ,but it may be the prototype,if that makes six?
If I remember right ,one of the five had a crack and was a wounded warrior give a way.

I'm unsure of it's history, but mine may be the WW knife, as it has a pin crack on the pile side.

Back