• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

GECs (#85, #62s) and a Queen (#69) ALL SOLD

Pàdruig

Reap What You Sow
Platinum Member
Good day, all.

I have a few nice ones up for grabs today. I've bought one too many nice things lately and need to offload a few so that I can continue buying nice things.

I will try and provide as accurate a description of each knife as possible - please feel free to ask questions or request more pics if needed. I am including group shots of the lot for the sake of efficiency but can provide individual pics promptly upon request.

All prices include USPS Priority shipping with insurance. Payment would be appreciated via PayPal (G&S only, please). Due to the state of the world right now, I would prefer US buyers only but will consider International shipping on a case by case basis.

I reserve the right to sell to whom I choose but as a matter of course, I generally accept the first "I'll take it" in this thread, followed by a PM or Visitor's Message.

Alright, now for the knives.

GEC 852118 "Bullet End Jack" ------------------------ $175 SOLD
  • New - never used or sharpened. However, this is considered a "S" model due to the problems GEC had with this particular bone - so there is a sizable pin crack on the mark side towards the bolster. I think it lends some nice depth and character to the bone but like with anything, it is subjective. There is some spotting on the spring inside the blade well and there is a small bit of evidence of blade rap (I believe this pattern is known for such a thing).
  • Comes complete with tube.
  • 1095 steel with Buffalo Bone covers, matchstrike pull, and nickel silver bolsters and liners.
  • Additional comments: I am rather loathe to sell this one - it is the only #85 I have and it's a real beauty (in my opinion, of course). I have it priced higher than I typically would to try and dissuade folks who just want to make a quick buck.
  • Additional pics of blade and pin crack included below.
GEC 620320 "Pocket Carver" ------------------------- $125 SOLD
  • New - mint in tube. Never used, carried, or sharpened. A tiny bit of peppering on back spring - likely from a fingerprint.
  • 1095 steel with Smooth White Bone covers.
  • Additional comments: A very nicely built knife that though I very much liked having in my collection, it's a blade that was never going to get used.
GEC 62620220 "Easy Pocket Congress" ------------- $95 SOLD
  • Lightly used and carried but never sharpened. Has light patina on blades and backspring and the bolster and shield are dulled. No scratches or dings - could benefit from a good polishing.
  • 1095 with Goldenrod Camel Bone covers.
  • Additional comments: I love this knife - it won't break my heart if it doesn't sell. The color isn't usually my thing but the Camel Bone on this is excellent and has been a joy to carry.
Queen #69 ---------------------------------------------- $79 SOLD
  • I am not the original owner but it looks like it was carried and possibly used some. Appears to have factory edge but there are some light scratches on main blade. There is also some light spotting and some patina here and there.
  • Comes complete with box.
  • D2 steel with Amber Stag Bone covers.
  • Additional comments: A nice knife that came into my collection at some point (I forgot how) and was forgotten. Great action on the blades and the bone has some excellent color and depth to it. Would make a fine user or collector's piece as it has good fit and finish for a Queen.
  • Additional pic of main blade included below.

x8LOCBt.jpg

OzR75BG.jpg

#85 Blade and pin crack.

szhpSki.jpg

lGngqLp.jpg

#69 Blade

dLD3fsv.jpg

Last edited:
Im interested in the pocket carver. I’ll shoot ya a Pm. Thanks!

Funds sent

Last edited:
GEC 85, 62 Pocket Carver, and Queen 69 are all sold and will be shipped today.

GEC 62 in Goldenrod Camel Bone is still available.

Back