General Update #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you please get back to me on the address change. I have emailed you as well but no reply.

I just wish this whole ordeal was over with.
I haven't received any responses to many emails to Evans Knife and tool company.
I want a knife with all my Scales or my money back.

I swear to God, Brian is his own worst enemy sometimes. I know he's had a terrible run of bad luck and some significant personal gut-punches, but clearly there are significant problems here with communication, administration and organisation. Doesn't post regular updates, doesn't answer emails, doesn't answer questions on his own forum. These days, customer service is everything, and sadly, the goodwill of a great many people has slowly and steadily eroded. But that being said, I'm still rooting for the guy. It's a lovely product, and he serves our society. I'm just hoping June doesn't roll around with no progress...

Brian,

My congratulations on your marriage! I wish you both all the happiness! And I wish you success with your new job.

As many other people here, I'll stay with you regarding the Companion. Hope, this long story will have a happy ending.

Best regards,
Alexander

After buying one from the previous run, I paid for two (plus extra scales) last May and waited patiently; I've even given Brian gentle organizational advice. I'd be willing to give one up in exchange for a #42 or #84, if it helps him out. Unfortunately, he hasn't returned any of my emails or text messages in months.

CONGRATS ON THE WEDDING!
I'm sticking with you on the run, for sure.
Could you contact me though... I've moved and need to update my address.

Best

Guys, I am going to try to be better about answering emails. The new job has helped my ability to focus and get things done with the business, so I will try to do better about that.

What's your new job? From what it sounds like, you should have more family time. If you do that's a score.

What's your new job? From what it sounds like, you should have more family time. If you do that's a score.

I'm still a medic, but I went from a private service running 24 hrs on/48 hrs off to hospital based working 36 hours a week and 96 hours a week on call. I went from running 15-18 calls in 24 hours in a city of 90,000 to 25 calls since the first of May in a town of 5,000.

Basically, my old service ran about 28,000 calls/year (with my truck running about 5500+ of those) and my new service runs about 1800 calls/year both trucks combined........

A month on 24/48s is 10 shifts a month. With my new schedule, I'm either on shift or on call a total of 15 24s a month. So, I went from 150-180 calls/month to about 35 calls/month......

My commute dropped from 45 minutes to 6 minutes. The Medicaid reimbursement rate of the big city was 84%, so extremely impoverished with all of the associated crime and mental health issues that come with it. The place I'm at now is hospital based and the foundation owns rent producing farm land. They also have CMS scores in the 95+% range, which equals higher reimbursement. My ambulances are almost brand new, the pay is better, and the hours and calls are easier. Oh, and no pay cut or even a very slight raise.

Last week my new wife went from the ER and 36 hours a week with working every other weekend to the clinic attached to the hospital and now works 40 hours a week, Thursdays and every weekend off, doesn't have to work any holidays, and gets an hour for lunch every day. She got a raise of $60/week and a bunch less hassle and much easier work.

BIG win all around.

I'm still a medic, but I went from a private service running 24 hrs on/48 hrs off to hospital based working 36 hours a week and 96 hours a week on call. I went from running 15-18 calls in 24 hours in a city of 90,000 to 25 calls since the first of May in a town of 5,000.

Basically, my old service ran about 28,000 calls/year (with my truck running about 5500+ of those) and my new service runs about 1800 calls/year both trucks combined........

A month on 24/48s is 10 shifts a month. With my new schedule, I'm either on shift or on call a total of 15 24s a month. So, I went from 150-180 calls/month to about 35 calls/month......

My commute dropped from 45 minutes to 6 minutes. The Medicaid reimbursement rate of the big city was 84%, so extremely impoverished with all of the associated crime and mental health issues that come with it. The place I'm at now is hospital based and the foundation owns rent producing farm land. They also have CMS scores in the 95+% range, which equals higher reimbursement. My ambulances are almost brand new, the pay is better, and the hours and calls are easier. Oh, and no pay cut or even a very slight raise.

Last week my new wife went from the ER and 36 hours a week with working every other weekend to the clinic attached to the hospital and now works 40 hours a week, Thursdays and every weekend off, doesn't have to work any holidays, and gets an hour for lunch every day. She got a raise of $60/week and a bunch less hassle and much easier work.

BIG win all around.

YAY!!!

Hello Brian, happy to hear your doing Great with the New work And Congratulations on the marrige :D
I Also have moved since ordering And would greatly apritiate if you Could up date my New adress.
Super happy That the companion run Seem to Come together.
Can bearly wait for IT.

Hello Brian. Glad to see some progress. I have emailed you regarding the change of address. Also with a chance of purchasing another if that is an option.

That is exciting sounds like this shop has their ducks all in a row. Happy to see you got the refund. Forward march! In EK&T We Trust!

Hello Brian. Glad to see some progress. I have emailed you regarding the change of address. Also with a chance of purchasing another if that is an option.
Hello Brian, happy to hear your doing Great with the New work And Congratulations on the marrige :D
I Also have moved since ordering And would greatly apritiate if you Could up date my New adress.
Super happy That the companion run Seem to Come together.
Can bearly wait for IT.

Guys, shoot me an email with your screen name and your real name and I'll update it in the spreadsheet. Also, I will have additional knives for sale when this run is done, as I ordered extra to sell past the ones ordered, but I don't want to take any more money ahead of time. I wouldn't feel right doing that. Call it superstition, but I want to do it right from here forward.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back