General Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, this thread helps. I wrote an email to Brian a couple of days ago asking for an update. I should have come here first.

I've gotten lost a bit along the way...
Is the steel still going to be 20CV?

yeah its gonna be 20cv still...originally precision plus screwed up and ordered S35VN instead, that was part of the reason why the manufacturing was changed to BRKT.

You and me both Jamal, I'm sure Brian feels the same way about now too.

Been a potential customer since May of 2016.
Hoping to see a knife soon.
I hope Brian is doing well also but its been an awful long wait.
Happy New Year to all my fellow Steel Addicts!

Yep, I ordered two last April; my first-gen still hangs around my neck. I've (gently and lovingly) ground the spine to a 90° edge at the tip, giving it a slightly pointier profile, and the cutting edge has obviously been reprofiled through a couple of sharpenings, but it does temper my anxiety a bit.

Will appreciate more consistent updates.

I'm still looking forward to it and remaining patient, as long as the product quality remains excellent and consistent.

Don't get too discouraged, Brian, just keep it together and keep the ball rolling along, even if it's rolling up hill!

Man, I am really feeling for Brian hey. My own dealings with manufacturers the last few years really seems to echo his problems. Nearly everyone seems to flat out lie or just not give a damn. It so sad, but it's almost like borderline customer service is now the gold standard, the best you can hope for.

Hi Brian, is there a possibility of getting a refund? While I'm disappointed with the continuing delays and lack of updates, I'm more concerned with Bark River doing the manufacturing. I have owned several Bark River Knives and I've never seen anything that would led me to believe they can produce the same quality as I saw in the first run of Companions. Sorry you are having so many problems but a quick search of the web would have given you some examples of what it's like to partner with them to produce knives.

you've still got my support all the way Brian. I'm in this for the long haul because I like the product you put out and the man behind the product

Just a thought but maybe send out an email to the backers or update the Indiegogo because I'm sure not everyone checks the forums. It would give me a better peace of mind to get an email or something saying "Look you haven't been forgotten and you will receive a knife you paid for at some point."

Brian while I am very eager to get the new version...I understand that delays happen and life is full of ups and downs. My 1st gen is an amazing knife and I will continue to support you and look forward to getting my gen 2 as soon as its possible.

Don't stress too much, look after you and yours.

[UPDATE 01/07/2017 1803] It's been a month since the last update. I don't have much to update. I talked to Mike Stewart yesterday. Apparently he is having some issues with his own vendors, which is something I can't control. My lack of communication is not to be construed as a lack of giving a shit. If I have no information, I assume posting an update of "No information" is not much help. I think about this stuff for hours a day, but there aren't isn't anything I can say. Basically, I don't know what to do. I wish now that I hadn't started this project, but there isn't anything to do but keep moving forward with it. Nothing has gone according to plan, nothing has happened like I was told it would happen. I'm frustrated and just plain pissed off, as I'm sure most of you are.

We have to move to another sheath maker for the Companions. I can't say why without Ronnie's permission. Ronnie if you read this, feel free to comment. Reid Hyken will be making the sheaths. Reid makes sheaths for Bark River, Benchmade, and others.

No worries Brian. Father time has been chasing my A** for years. He gained a little ground in the form of carpal tunnel syndrome. It's not bad and I can still build customs and do mods on knives. I just can't do large runs of production style sheaths since I build everything by hand and do all the work myself. I refuse to stop doing what I love but multiple hours using my hands building kydex or leather sheaths just isn't possible any more. I'm tore up about it because Brian was the first maker to give me a shot at doing a large run for him and I was excited to get my work into the hands of a couple hundred forum members.
BF members, PLEASE don't forget about me. I can still do customs and welcome your business.
As soon as my new shop is up and running (we bought a new house), I'll be back at it with some new stuff.

I don't know Mr. Hyken's work but I'm sure he does an outstanding job, or Brian wouldn't use him. If anyone needs any custom kydex work done when they get their Gen 2 Companion, please let me know. I can see this awesome blade piggybacked onto another bigger blade to make a nice rig for the outdoors.
14kz0wk.jpg
[/IMG]
2z7hoag.jpg
[/IMG]
33z6wdi.jpg
[/IMG]
2jz0gn.jpg
[/IMG]
65bccl.jpg
[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.