Generosity On The Porch

This is awesome! Enjoy and try not to want to buy a bunch more. ;)
Wanting to buy a bunch more isn't an issue. I'd like get a couple 36 and 48(?) 49(?) Sunfish/Whaler/Toenail/dozens of other names, but from what I've found online, $295 to $300 for a "mint like new in tube" or "lightly used" one is so far out of my price range, they are not even in the same galaxy, let alone the same solar system.
So far, I am enjoying these two. :) possibly more than I should ...

Awesome! I am happy for you:D:thumbsup::thumbsup: My first GEC was a gift as well,and through that gift I too seen that the hype was real. I feel they deserve the accolades and was impressed enough to buy a couple more when I was blessed enough to do so. Props to yout benefactor, generosity of that caliber seems to be a common thing here. Such a rare and wonderful place this is:thumbsup:

This place we call the porch, is well known for the generosity of the members. I know I have been the recipient of such generosity and have given as well. That makes this place the very special place that it is. Its not just members of a forum, but a sort of extended family of the special sort.

Even though my interest in knives has faded a good deal, I will still come to the porch just to see what my friends that are like family, are up to. Who's got what, who's okay, and who's not. I can honesty say that the people that make up the porch are more important to me than a great many of the people I know in person.

This is, and has been, a special place only because of the very special people that are in it.

This place we call the porch, is well known for the generosity of the members. I can honesty say that the people that make up the porch are more important to me than a great many of the people I know in person.
This is, and has been, a special place only because of the very special people that are in it.

I can honestly say you might not like me that much either - once you got to know me :rolleyes: :)

Otherwise J jackknife you are right :thumbsup:

Congratulations on being the recipient of that generous gift, and for sharing the news here! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:
Sounds like you got 4 very fine knives.
Plaudits to your thoughtful and generous benefactor! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Looking forward to hearing about how they'll fit into your carry rotation.

- GT

5K Qs 5K Qs
What "carry rotation"?

I took the stockman out of my pocket (and put it in the rollator just in case I need the budding/spey blade) since both the coping and Wharncliffe blades on the GEC Jigged Green Bone 61 can replace a sheepsfoot when I need a straight blade, so the 61 went into my pocket.
The GEC Stag 85 Harness Jack has both a spear point and punch/awl, so I took the Marbles MR278 "Demo" Knife and Bundeswehr M1212 out and put the harness jack in (The Bundeswehr went into the rollator, in case I need the wood saw or hook sharpener.)

I haven't needed the "Demo" knife's the color?can opener since I stopped cooking for myself, and beverages with a bottle cap, like ale, mead, and beer are not permitted here for some strange and/or odd reason.
I have screwdrivers (and a adjustable wrench) in the rollator.

The Grohmann R350S went in my pocket so I'd still have a slipjoint with a moderate length clip point blade. (sometimes the MR417's right at 4 inch clip point blade is too long. The 110 I'm carrying has a drop point blade, slightly shorter than what the MR417 has.)

The Case TF61028W DAM went into my pocket because (a) Damascus blade, and (b) It is too nice to sit/lie in a dark drawer crying.
(bad enough listening to the stockman's, canoe's, and Barlow's crying.)

I'm not 100% sure (about anything) but I expect the four of them to be in my pocket until at least May or June ... o.k. ..maybe August ... or February... :)

Question:
The 61 "Half Congress" is a "610211" Does anyone know what GEC calls the jigging pattern?
I looked on the 'Production Totals' at the GEC website, but I don't believe they mentioned what the jigging pattern is. Just "Green Briar". I think that is the color?

On the 61, if it has the long bolsters stamped un-x-ld then yes green briar is the color. I'm not aware if there is a name for the jigging or not.

Back