Gentleman’s EDC

The more I collect knives, the more I find myself liking a specific size, weight and style of knife for my EDC. It’s what I would call a Gentleman’s EDC. Handle size between 4 1/4” and 4 3/4” (I prefer Titanium), blade length between 3” and 3 1/2”, handle width around 0.40”, thin blade stock around .090 (only the Spyderco starts with .12”) tapering super thin behind the edge, weight under 3 oz. and a nice deep carry clip for discrete carry. A bonus would be it’s fidget friendly (the Bugout wins here closely followed by the Spyderco). Here are 4 different manufacturers (Spyderco, Quiet Carry, Benchmade and TRM) that use a different approach to make a great “Gentleman’s EDC” What do you consider a great Gentleman’s EDC? Pics please!8D7E1BDC-7DB1-467E-AAD8-0B2C3FEBCD20.jpeg66CB30B8-E764-4018-9868-419C8F854511.jpegF248691A-C5FA-4FAC-BB39-254115FB404B.jpeg

Last edited:
Tem is a good choice

the protech magic whiskers with ivory inlays looks good too

the Massdrop gent is my basic go to gentleman carry

I usually carry the small Inkosi drop point as my default carry and it is also an option

i am interested in the lion steel bestman that I like a lot in micarta

My gentleman’s knife is a Benchmade 531.

I sometimes carry a Vic Cadet instead. The times that I have need of a Gentleman knife is when I am at formal affairs and around people I don’t know. People don’t seem to get stressed when they see a Cadet.

Last edited:
Im a fan of my CRK Inkosi simply because it makes for a fantastic EDC knife that will handle any hard use, but even just as a PJ model it still oozes elegance and refinement. I've never handled knives that walk that walk so well.

That QC knife is my idea of gentleman's carry. For the ones I have, my Kizer Feist which is fairly sterile (front flipper) and then my Lionsteel Roundhead (slip joint). No thumbstuds or thumb discs or flipper tabs, both are straight and narrow, point on one end and round on the other.

A couple of Opinels...
NJlFflP.jpg

EWQYP4z.jpg

Victorinox Money Clip...
YEOhzUD.jpg

cgqvpKn.jpg

A "gentleman's knife" is any William Henry and no Ti grey turds..."don't carry no ugly knife!"

Back