• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Gentleman's Auto

Hi good people,
My latest,straight off the bench, a "Gentleman's Auto",
Open length 215 mm ( 8 1/2" )
Randy Haas (HHH) Feather pattern damascus, Turkish walnut burl,bronze,Stainless steel body ,integral bolsters ( hand engraved in relief) ,Mother of Pearl ,
14k Gold inlays
100% handmade one of a kind ( handheld tools mostly)
will come with a custom case and COA,
Hope you'll like,
Cheers ;)
B
video here:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtHZHh_ClxP15AjjIwKIHyHe1I-z

SOLD
DSCI1573w.jpg

DSCI1558w.jpg

DSCI1546w.jpg

DSCI1561w.jpg

DSCI1565w.jpg

DSCI1570w.jpg

DSCI1580w.jpg

DSCI1587w.jpg

Last edited:
to tell the truth,it was a real challenge (read PITA) to get it all to click...there's more to it than meets the eye at a first glance,it actually has multiple locking system,a tang lock,slipjoint and a friction lock,just to make sure I get a smooth action AND a vault like lock...quite a few swear words might or might not have been thrown around the shop along with various objects LOL ...you gotta keep in mind that this was 100% handmade,no surface grinder,no fancy mills,no jigs,templates,etc,none of that...just mostly handheld tools,on the bench,test fitting one piece to the next,and so on ;)

Holy Smokes Brian - that is a BEAUTY. I have railed about ugly autos. You have stopped my complaint cold :thumbsup:
Too rich for my station in life but I can surely appreciate it. You have brought together exquisite details and a sublime combination of materials and form in one superb folder. Have to ask though - is the release button above surface like that likely to let the blade free unexpectedly?

Very nicely done.

Ray

Holy Smokes Brian - that is a BEAUTY. I have railed about ugly autos. You have stopped my complaint cold :thumbsup:
Too rich for my station in life but I can surely appreciate it. You have brought together exquisite details and a sublime combination of materials and form in one superb folder. Have to ask though - is the release button above surface like that likely to let the blade free unexpectedly?

Very nicely done.

Ray
Thanks for the kind words sir,much appreciated ;) As for the trigger button,nope,it's pretty much level with the surface,protruding only a tiny bit,but not enough to release accidentally ....actually,that was yet another source of a headache in the design,because I DID NOT want a safety thingie on it,as I consider them an ugly sore ...so I worked hard to eliminate the need for the safety,and this is what I came up with...to release,the button needs to be pushed well bellow the surface,which is not likely to happen by accident on this one,as well as a certain amount of force is needed to push it down,yet not too much....like I said,it was "fun" LOL

I'm convinced - I'll take 2 :thumbsup: Well - we all know I can't even take this one :( but I'm quite fond of it. :)
Very nice Brian.
Well,you couldn't take 2 anyway,because there aren't 2 (nor there will ever be) so it's all good LOL ...thanks for the kind words again ;)

Ray

Thanks for all the kind words gentlemen,they're much appreciated ;) ...I can't understand what it is still doing here sitting on the table :)

Last edited:
Back