Gentleman's Folders w/ pocketclips & thumbstuds?

Hey guys. I was just wondering if anyone had any reccomendations or suggestions for a Gentleman's type folder that has both thumb studs and a pocket clip on it. I find most knives I like have none of these, which is a shame.

The only two I can think of right now are anything my MCUSTA:

(Not my photos. If the person who took these photos want me to take it off this post, lemme know.)
MCusta_1.jpg

MCusta_3.jpg

...And the Fellkniven PXL:

(Again, not my photos.)
FN34.jpg

Any other suggestions? I quite like the sebenza as well. I'm not sure if many would consider that a gentleman's folder. I like the simple and non-tactical aesthetic to it though.

Case mid folding hunter? How bout new CRKT M4-02, 3 3/4 in either bone,stag or burled wood. I consider BM 707 sequel a gents folder as well

Don't forget klotzli knives. Very high quality, a kind of European chris reeve when it comes to precision, but more gentlemeny even if they are quite sturdy.
And if a spyderhole is acceptable then do investigate the spyderco kopa and with some goodwill also the rookie.

benchmade 940 has both. I carry one and I have been confused with a gentleman at times.

Not necessarily with thumb studs, but all can be opened one handed...
Spyderco Kopa or Volpe
Sog Architect
Seki Cut katana or Lum Encounter
Lone Wolf Paul knives
Spydercos or Kershaws dressed up by Santa Fe Stoneworks or David Yellowhorse
Some of the offerings from CRKT or A.G. Russell

Take a look at the Kershaw Nakamura. That's the one I think of whenever somebody asks about a "modernized" gentleman's folder.

Amazon lists the seller of that knife as being "th blade shop". Take one look at the hall of shame subforum and you'll see several threads about them.

BTW a knife with a blade over 3" isn't a gentleman's knife IMO. It may have natural materials or embelishments but that doesn't make it a gentleman's knife to me. You can put a spoiler on a pinto but that doesn't make it a sportscar IMO.

Case mid folding hunter? How bout new CRKT M4-02, 3 3/4 in either bone,stag or burled wood. I consider BM 707 sequel a gents folder as well

DANG! These look very nice for the price, but I hate assisted openers! Hopefully I can take the torsion bar out without much trouble.

I still may pull the trigger on this badboy and if I don't likeit, re-gift to an uncle of mine who LOVES Assisted Openers.

Last edited:
Not necessarily with thumb studs, but all can be opened one handed...
Spyderco Kopa or Volpe
Sog Architect
Seki Cut katana or Lum Encounter
Lone Wolf Paul knives
Spydercos or Kershaws dressed up by Santa Fe Stoneworks or David Yellowhorse
Some of the offerings from CRKT or A.G. Russell

I like the hand-hammered look of the handle for some of the Seki Cut Katana options. My only question now is "Damascus or no Damascus?"

SC139D.jpg

Img212.jpg

You can get an inlaid sebenza with some very nice inlays. :thumbup:

I just purchased a William Henry EDC blade. It's a tad small for my tastes, but it is classy, and sheeple friendly.

-Freq

William Henry makes the best gentlemans knife if you want to fork over the dough.(IMO)

I don't consider the small UG Sebenza's to be a true gentleman's knife. But, if you want hard use toughness and class in one knife, a nice UG sebenza would be hard to beat.

Back