George has Passed Away

CKE2

Gold Member
I got the call late last night from Carol that George had passed away peacefully in his sleep.
George is a great man, Friend and Mentor. He has helped me countless times, always with a kind word and a friendly smile.
He will be missed dearly. I got the chance to say good-bye to him...something you don't always get to do in these circumstances. I will cherish the times I spent with him and the time I got to sit by his side these last few days.
May George rest in peace. He is in a better place now.

Please keep Carol in your thoughts and prayers.

Love
Craig

Rest in Peace Sir.To the family,please accept my sincere condolences.

I communicated with him a couple times, very nice man. My sincere condolences out to his family and friends....Rest in Peace George, you will be missed.

angelsad.gif

George and Carol,

Whenever we teach someone, we give him or her a gift that is a shared thought or experience that often encourages and compels us to look at ourselves in a different lens. We take the trials and errors of another and, with patience and dedication; we use these experiences to help us plot a course through our own journeys and discoveries. George gave his gift to any who asked and were willing to listen and learn. He said that a knife maker’s life could be lonely if you don’t have friends and family. You were never lonely George!

I once marveled at his famous mirror polish. I said that it is perfect! George suggested that I look really close. If I reflected a little light and held it just so I might see that even the most perfect surface has a tiny scratch or flaw that most would never see. A slight imperfection that is only found when you really get close to something and look very hard. He said it was part of the character of the metal. It was what made a custom knife unique and special. I’ll never forget that.

George and Carol, you let us be a part of your lives. You taught me to see the beauty in the differences and the value in the effort. Thank you.

Pete

George, I will miss you my friend.....

Carol you are in our thoughts , you have many friends and we will do what we can to help you in any way you need.

with great saddness.

Eric Elson
and the members of the Canadian Knifemakers Guild

My condolences to the family. George, your new shop in heaven awaits..................

R.I.P. George.

Pete's post mirrors my own thoughts. George taught us all so much and as I said in a previous post, without reservation. I was so blessed to have been able to work with him full time for a while. I was thinking the other day, in that 12 months I never saw him angry, despite being cut, and whipped polishing bits of metal, plus all the other things an engineering business can throw at you.

Our thoughts now pass to Carol for the strength to carry on. As she said in an e-mail, she looses her soulmate, her only husband, and her three businesses, knives, metal polishing and gift shop business. This has all happened so fast it is hard to believe.

Back