Georgia Laws?

Hi. So I’m new to the knife scene and I’m wondering what laws I need to know. I’m a minor (15) and I currently have 3 game blades. A katana, dagger, and an assisted knife. I know I am not able to carry the katana around but what about the other two? I won’t really be carrying the dagger around but most likely the knife. What are the laws in Georgia about length and types of knives. Just to make sure I don’t buy something illegal or carry someone illegal.

Thanks

You're going to need to be more specific about what part of GA I know Blade Show is in Atlanta area not sure if the laws are a factor but I would think they have some more lenient laws if such an event is held there.

Georgia changed it's laws a few years ago to make carrying all knives under 5" legal for everyone. It doesn't matter if it is concealed or open, what kind of knife it is (even a switchblade) or what age you are. Over 5" requires a license to carry. Georgia also passed preemption so cities like Atlanta no longer can pass their own knife laws. The whole state has to follow the same regulations now.

There are restrictions in state buildings, public university campuses, and public schools. Last time I checked Georgia Tech had a max blade length of 2”. That restriction stood even after campus carry passed.

Back