Gerber DMF

I've got one inbound , so I'll let you know when I get it.

I did a little research on the DMF folders after reading about the Gerber deal with The Walking Dead Series.

I read that the DMF auto is US made , while the manual version is imported. Both are ambidextrous (D.ual M.ulti F.unction) but most who have reviewed both knives say the Oregon made auto is much higher in quality.

As an aside... I was able to get a good deal on the US made Gerber 06 Combat Folder. It's basically the same shape as the DMF, but it has aluminum scales over a steel frame and a plunge lock. I wanted to see how the higher end , US made Gerber knives compared to other US brands I own. I must say, I'm very happy with the knife, it's very well made. I wish Gerber would make more knives in Oregon.

Once I can take a few pictures, I'll post a small review on both.

Check out the US made Gerber Freeman, it's a nice chunk of S30V. I also heard the DMF auto is good stuff. I'd like to have one.

Last edited:
Check put the US made Gerber Freeman, it's a nice chunk of S30V. I also heard the DMF auto is good stuff. I'd like to have one.

Yeah , the 06 folder I just bought has an S30V blade so I guess the DMF auto does too.
I saw a video review of the DMF auto and it looks real good.

I have both. Never had a problem with either, but because of my line of work (Maintenance, Wood Working), I prefer the tanto. Fit and finish was excellent. Smooth opening and the edge retention is good.

I have the dmf manual... it's total junk the lock plunger fell out and the blade collapsed onto my fingers and cut a chunk out my finger.. never ever will buy another gerber

Last edited:
Back