Gerber Mk II 20th Aniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really need to hold this knife in your hand to see how good it looks, and how good it feels. I've owned several MK II's, and this one just feels better when I hold it, in part, I'm sure, to the "cat's tongue" gray steel grip handle. According the the serial number it is the 1986 20th Aniversary Edition, made out of forged . . .yep, forged. . . L6 steel (which was what the Viet Nam era knives were made of, and prior to this release the last forged L6 blades were made in 1972), with the wasp waist and the 5 degree angle to the blade.

It comes with a black nylon Gerber sheath, but I don't believe that it is the original one for the knife, as the information listed for this model states it came with a brown leather sheath, nor do I have the box for it. I picked it up as pictured here at a knife show about 15 years ago, and don't know it's prior history, I can state that it looks in new condition, and shows no signs of ever having been used, carried, or sharpened.

I'm asking $200 for it, and if I had the original sheath and box it'd be double that. But, hey, for this one I'll throw in free shipping to the cont. U.S.A.

If you are displeased with this knife for any reason, return it to me within 10 days of when you got it, and in the same condition you received it in, and I will refund your money.Gerber MK 2.jpgGerber MK 2 (2).jpg

That may be the original sheath. Do a search over at

http://www.militarycarryknives.com/Knives.htm#VietnamTribute

"Some of the 20th. Anniversary Knives were not marked with the 20th. Anniversary black electro-etch. At some later date, they were repackaged and I believe sold through the Cutlery Shoppe.

The knife is the same faithful reproduction of the original, the blade being canted and made of the original L6 tool steel and the handle having the "Cat's Tongue" finish. However, there is no lettering electro-etched on the blade. Also no protective lacquer coating. The knife was sold with a C3 type Cordura™ sheath in the late, blue and black box with a label that reads "Mark II™ / WASP / #GB5705".

The "Cat's Tongue" handles on these knives have a brighter appearance in contrast with the usually darker gray handles of the original knives. The CT3N knives are found on 1986 knives scattered throughout the serial range of XX3701 - XX4825."

Thanks for the info . . . this one is at the low end of the serial number range, and does not have the writing on the blade. That's one reason I like this forum . . .

I just tried to send a message through you sit and couldn't. Please leave me a message or email me I'm very interested. Thanks

I realize that this thread is a year old, but if it's still available, I'm interested. I left you a visitor message on your profile. Please let me know. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back