Gettin' Jiggy With It - Jigged Bone Photos

Here is a Case XX 6232 that my paternal Grandfather carried until he passed in July '88. I drove him 60 miles to the nearest hospital, through the mountains, when he had his heart attack at the State campground he managed. I was 16 yrs old.
I have many memories of him whittling with it and I'm absolutely honored to have it now.
"Ramrod" was his "handle" on the CB radio.
Sorry to get carried away but a lot memories/emotions are tied to this knife for me.
7oRUtug.jpg

I'll drink a whiskey sour in his honor tonight.
Sounds like you had a wonderful bond with your grandfather. The Case is always there to remind you of him.

That calls for another!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::D

I'll drink in his honor, too, Mark.
Thanks, Vince. Much appreciated, my friend. :)

Great knife, and even better sentiments, Mark! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::)

- GT
Thank you on both accounts, GT! :) I have one other knife of his I will have to get photographed.

Ramrodmb Ramrodmb , Mark - Sometimes you simply don't need to apologize for being "carried away". Touching story and special knife :thumbsup:

Here's to your Grandfather :thumbsup:

Ray
Thanks a lot, Ray. Very kind of you to say. To Grandpa John!:):thumbsup:

Sounds like you had a wonderful bond with your grandfather. The Case is always there to remind you of him.
Thanks, Harvey. That's a good way to describe it. I did, in fact, have a wonderful bond with him and my Grandma Macel. I lived with my Grandparents every summer from about age 5 on. Then ended up living in a tent each summer and helping them run the state campground at Little Bitteroot lake, Marion, MT from about 1983-1988. I will never forget those times. We had MANY experiences together and I am better for every one of them. Holding his Case knife brings the memories right back.
I could go on and on but you get the idea. He was a wonderful man and I miss him dearly.

Thanks to everyone for the sentiments.:)

Donated this Cowboy model.

pSHvBsq.jpg

80bIqpk.jpg

Over the weekend heard of a 41 year cowboy up in ID that fell dead of a heart attack. Newly married and a six week old baby, no money cause he worked as a cowboy on cowboy wages. There's an outfit called Cowfolks Care, our friend Cara is treasurer for. They do auctions to help out cowfolks in need. Gave this one to Cara when we heard the story. They will auction it off with the $ going to the family.

Back