Giant Mouse Ace Grand

Really eyeing one of these and of course it happens to be when its out of stock everywhere. Anyone have a bead on when Giantmouse or BladeHQ will be getting more in stock? Anyone remember what the gap was like between the first and second run for the last wave of the ACE line?

I got one and I can't stop carrying it.

I really am enjoying it way more than I thought I would.

Ditto. It's a hell of a knife.

bmKYeLN.jpg

Ugh looks like these won't be available again until the Fall. Good for the wallet but bad for the heart.

Ugh looks like these won't be available again until the Fall. Good for the wallet but bad for the heart.

Dang, where'd you see this? That sucks if true, now I'm really kicking myself for not ordering one when it was in stock.

Dang, where'd you see this? That sucks if true, now I'm really kicking myself for not ordering one when it was in stock.

I saw the same thing. Pretty sure it was GM themselves on IG. I tried to find the post but IG makes an effort to suck at everything other than looking at photos... Actually, it sucks at that too.

Here's hoping to new variations in the fall. CF PVD? :cool::thumbsup:

Yeah it's actually on this post here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CCReZq2JmHI/ (hope I'm not breaking rules by linking to it). It's a picture of the Biblio but someone at the bottom of the comments asks about an Ace Grand restock and Voxnaes chimes in that it won't be until this fall.

This looks very nice.

Do any of you also own an Ace Biblio? If so, I realize it is smaller but how does it compare for function, fit, finish, ergos, cutting ability etc and would you recommend it? Thanks

It's very similar to the Biblio both fit and finish and cutting ability. The micarta and the liner lock feel about the same. The Biblio never clicked with me, and the Grand just feels more refined IMO.

It's very similar to the Biblio both fit and finish and cutting ability. The micarta and the liner lock feel about the same. The Biblio never clicked with me, and the Grand just feels more refined IMO.
Thanks. I'll do some more research before deciding on the Biblio but, either way, I think I'll be in on the next run of the Grand.

This looks very nice.

Do any of you also own an Ace Biblio? If so, I realize it is smaller but how does it compare for function, fit, finish, ergos, cutting ability etc and would you recommend it? Thanks

I haven't owned one but have heard generally good things. The lust over the Grand as abbazaba said is more off of the refinement. The clip position for starters is one. It is much deeper on the Grand than the Biblio. So despite being a much larger knife, the Grand looks like it is going to carry a lot easier than the Biblio. On a personal note, I have plenty of M390/20CV so I also wanted to try out some Elmax that the Grand is running rather than adding another M390 family small folder to the rotation.

Anyone kinda dissapointed with the edge retention?
I carried mine for about 3 weeks, and cut paper, tape, a little bit of cardboard, and some cucumbers.
It got noticably duller by the end of the second day, and now it won't cut paper at ALL.

Mine has held an edge just fine after carving sticks around the fire camping, and definitely no issues opening packages for weeks.

A little stropping is a beautiful thing.
Sure is. But noticably duller after only two days of very light use? And this dull after 3 weeks of increasingly lighter use?
I don't know... I'll sharpen it up again one of these days.

Maybe I was just unlucky?

Sure is. But noticably duller after only two days of very light use? And this dull after 3 weeks of increasingly lighter use?
I don't know... I'll sharpen it up again one of these days.

Maybe I was just unlucky?

Maybe, I'm not sure. I've only used mine a few times as well, but it seems to have held up better. Definitely still shaves hair, though I am like, constantly stropping my knives after daily use, so I don't have any real data about longer term edgeholding on this one.

Maybe there was a burr that wasn't taken off on yours or something? That does happen sometimes.

Back