Gifting a Cold Steel knife

When it comes to giving knives as gifts, the usual suspects that come to mind for me are Moras, Opinels, SAKs, and the Delica 4. They’re relatively user friendly knives that practically anyone can use.

When I pick up a Cold Steel, it’s usually for my own collection since I know what I’m looking for and expecting. I’m not sure if the potential recipient would be fine with the stiff kickass lock or the slightly “heavier” deployment.

My thoughts aside, what CS knife would you consider giving as a gift to close friends or family?

I usually give away Cold Steel's fixed blades:

Mini Tac Tanto, Kobun, Steel Tiger, and tons of Delta Darts

As for folding, I remember I gifted away an old Voyager Gunsite Tanto and a Tilite VI Zyte years ago.

Haven't gifted any triads yet, but if I did it would be a code 4 tanto in s35vn.

A lot of good options. It depends.

Military friend?
- Can’t think of a better gift than a Recon 1 Clip Point.

Average guy/gal?
- American Lawman or Micro Recon 1.

Someone who appreciates the cool factor?
- AK47

Knife connoisseur?
- AD10 or AD15.

Girlfriend?
- Rajah II ;)

I’ve gifted the Code 4 for a family member that needs a well built but “friendly” looking knife around some of the co-workers and an AK-47 for my brother who is an adventurous type that likes a hard use knife.

If I gifted a Cold Steel it would probably be one that works well without any mods even a simple sanding under the clip, etc. Storm Cloud, AD-10, Code 4, American Lawman, Micro Recon, Khan, etc.
Or a fixed blade.

Good friend turned 25 earlier this year. Since it was the height of Covid fears and the toilet paper shortages were in full swing, no one really wanted to go out and celebrate. Told him to pick coyote tan or OD green (of course he picked the tan one:mad:) Dropped a box off at his door with a Recon 1 clip point in XHP.

Good friend turned 25 earlier this year. Since it was the height of Covid fears and the toilet paper shortages were in full swing, no one really wanted to go out and celebrate. Told him to pick coyote tan or OD green (of course he picked the tan one:mad:) Dropped a box off at his door with a Recon 1 clip point in XHP.
Wow, what an awesome gift.

An awesome gift indeed.

If I gifted a Cold Steel it would probably be one that works well without any mods even a simple sanding under the clip, etc. Storm Cloud, AD-10, Code 4, American Lawman, Micro Recon, Khan, etc.
Or a fixed blade.
Those are good choices man. The AD knives in particular make for great Fathers Day or best bud gifts.

I've given Mini-Tac Bowies to a few co-workers. I gave a Smatchet machete to a neighbor for letting me borrow some power tools for a wood project. I'm giving another neighbor a blue Pro-lite in the near future.

Back