Girl trouble... advice maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neko2-

Pull the ejection cords on this relationship as if you were blasting out of a burning jetfighter that had been hit by an enemy missile. She has said everything she needs to say, but lacks the intestinal fortitude to be direct about it.

If it's your place, offer to assist her with boxing all of her possessions in preparation for the move. If you've rented the place together, it's her idea so she should STILL be the one who vacates. Sounds like a very sad time in your life. Hang in there!

~ Blue Jays ~

Do we know how things are now? I'm curious. If by this time you haven't sorted things out and she feels the same. It's time to look for some other hottie.

Blue Jays said:
Neko2-

Pull the ejection cords on this relationship as if you were blasting out of a burning jetfighter that had been hit by an enemy missile.....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA......eject! eject!

That's an hilarious mental image Blue!

The sad part is it's probably true. :(

Hi one45auto-

This whole metrosexuality and sensitive new age guy (SNAG) idea is the worst thing to ever happen to decent women. It has resulted in a nation filled with confused, demanding women and effeminate, emasculated men.

Just calling them as I see them. ;)

~ Blue Jays ~

Blue Jays said:
This whole metrosexuality and sensitive new age guy (SNAG) idea is the worst thing to ever happen to decent women. It has resulted in a nation filled with confused, demanding women and effeminate, emasculated men.

You're absolutely right. That metrosexuality crap is for the birds. Women want a man who acts like a man, not a p*ssy because they already have one of those. :p

Neko2 said:
My girlfriend of 8 years has decided I need to move out for a few weeks so she can decide what she wants out of life and our relationship. We arent going to date other people or anything and after the first week we'll hang out and see how things are.

We've been to a couple counseling sessions and all but she really seems to not be comfortable around me in a romantic way. We still get along just fine and she likes to talk and do activities but just doesn't feel the love anymore. She says it's more like we're friends.

N2
Reading these first two paragraphs indicates to me that your partner of 8 years is getting bored or stale of the relationship - this is not uncommon, its quite natural.

Us males are quite content with routine, doing the same things over and over, going with the flow without needing change or variety. We can eat the same meals, watch the same TV programs, have sex in the same method, at the same time in the same place - and be content. Women are a little different, they require additional emotional and pysical stimuli to keep them content and happy, especially in a romantic way.

If you want this relationship to work, you will have to step outside of your relationship routine, become more spontaneous and adventuress with life and love. Remember when you first got together, all the "firsts" you both did together, the touching, the lust, the excitement. You will have to try and introduce this excitement into your partners life, spice things up.

It could be time for you to move on, as others have commented on, but if you really want this woman, throw some more wood on the fire and get some heat happening.

It could be time for you to move on, as others have commented on, but if you really want this woman, throw some more wood on the fire and get some heat happening.

Make sure that wood has a latex covering though ;)

Last thing any rocky relationship needs is a "third wheel"...

You think the situation is sticky now,,,try it with 1 or 2 young'uns involved.

'sides,,she already said the "f" word - "friends". That was a few sentances into the original post. Once the little "f" gets said, it's all over.

Cut your losses and move on.

Out of curiosity - - having been quite a few years now - - how did things turn out?

Although I know that ressurectung an old thread is frowned upon, I can see the benefit to ending the suspense so here I go.

It was exactly what it always is. She wanted out but needed the space to do that. I moved in with my dad for a bit which is nice since he recently passed and that time with him is precious to me now.

After the breakup I was eating better, lost a good deal of weight, met a nice girl, got married and had an awesome kid.
Heck, I even had the ex as my best man.

Looking back on it now, it's almost barely a blip. The time we were together is still there but the pain of the breakup is long gone.

So there you have it.
Happy ending after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back