GITD experiment RC-3

So I had this RC-3 that I did months ago just sitting around. I got some GITD materials from a very giving brother on another forum.

I decided that since my shop was in utter shambles and nothing was going right with my compressor issues that I would step back from it for a little bit and attack it again on Monday.....so since I was taking a "break" I figured that this would be a great chance to use the GITD sheet that was gifted to me! THANKS AGAIN!!!!!

Excuse the crappy pics as I am trying to figure out how to take pics of GITD stuff....and I am a shitty photographer anyway!!

Constrictive criticism welcomed.

IMG_1750.jpg

IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1755.jpg

IMG_1757.jpg

IMG_1759.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. I would love to get some of that material. Does anyone know where it is available for purchase? I fireoff an email every single day to Victorinox to include a "WOODSAW" model in their Stay glow line to no avail.....

Well, there is moonglow that Masecraft sells, (that is the stuff Spyderco use) and there is glow micarta that Ben Sweet and FOD make. I don't know of any other places.

Any one know how to get ahold of these guys? Search for ben sweet lands at photo galleries.

I think it looks great. I love that skull on the sheath. Wouldn't want to only see that coming at me at night.

Nice idea, although I might have let the sheath in its original design and just added the GITD stripe :p I would rather have it looking quite normal from the outside and have the suprise hidden inside :D

But besides that its just a matter of personal taste ;) You did a great job and that special "someone" was very generous :thumbup:

Looks pretty awesome!

Is that Material as brittle and hard to work with as some makers seem to say?

The only issues I had with is was the voids or bubbles in it. Kind of a PITA when sanding flat and shaping the scales.

I like it from a practical standpoint for the same reason I chose the orange handle for my RC-4 two years ago.....I want to be able to find the darn thing should I drop it in the woods. :)

Back